Response timer issue

Good afternoon,

It's probably something I should have looked into sooner, but has anyone else got this issue? It seems that on all of our tickets, if it is logged with a catalog item, the response timer refuses to start.

I've noticed that in particular recent tickets raised without a catalog item (before I forced the analysts to choose one as part of the progressive capture), we get values in the "Request_Respond_By", "Request_Response_Time", and "Within_Response_time" in the h_itsm_requests table.

@IntegraGreg

Ok the next thing to check is that the Service Level Agreement is linked to the service and said SLA's service levels have targets for both the Response and Resolution timers.

Then walk through the rules on the SLA to check that something logical is stopping the timer nodes from determining the correct service level to assign.

Does the Service Level Agreement and Service Level show in the right-hand panel of the logged request?

Cheers

Martyn

@IntegraGreg

The problem I believe is that when you start the  timers its need the rules to give it an actual Service Level, so it can calculate the target and start the timer. 

The way we get around this is set the timer as per the users 'suggested' priority and then correct the service level once the timer is started as part of the validation steps we do in the workflow.

Cheers

Martyn

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@IntegraGreg another option would be to have a default "No Service Level" service level with no response or resolve targets. This SL will be used when there is no match for the current criteria, a type of "if none of the above, then this". The sole purpose for this SL is to have the timers started, to be more precise to create a timer record for resolve and response, a baseline of sort. This then will be used to calculate (or recalculate) the appropriate response and resolve target once a priority is set on the request (or when any of the SLA rules trigger, it depends on the rule configuration).