extra fields for Services

davidrb84

As an organisation we're having a go at using Service Manager as a Service Portfolio tool.

We plan to store the data as attributes of the service rather than in an old-school document (all previous attempts have done that).

I'm finding I need more fields than the 6 or so I'm able to add.

Is there any chance of adding more?

Also: It's nice having an 'owner' and that's presented when adding authorisers to an associated change request. But having an identified technical contact, service manager, business owner, would be really helpful as well (although possibly harder) having all these presented in the suggested authorisers bit of the add authorisers dialog would be great.

Hi David,

I'm assuming that you are referring to the Extra Details section on the Service form.  Could you do me a favour and provide me a list of the fields that you would like to add?  Rather than creating more custom fields, if you have fields that are fairly generic and can be used by others, it might be worth getting these put in as standard fields.

I'll also look at the different types of users that you have mentioned.  

image.png

Hi @James Ainsworth that's exactly where we were thinking.

And yes adding built-in fields would be nice.

Any or all of the below would be amazing, I've included an idea of the format.

• Business Owner (single account picker (like owner is at the moment))
  • Service Manager (single account picker (like owner is at the moment))
  • Technical Contact (could be single account picker (like owner is at the moment) better would be multiple account picker. Pretty good would be multi line text)
  • Detailed technical description of service (i.e. not something customer facing like the main description)
  • Tier (e.g. 1/2/3) (Drop down based on simple list?)
  • Last Service Review (date)
  • Third-Party contact details(Multi line text)
  • Change Management details (Service specific details e.g. routine maintenance windows, at-risk periods, critical times, etc)(Multi line text)
  • Agreed Escalation paths (e.g. Service Desk -> Business technical team -> supplier or Service Desk --> 3rd Party support)(Multi line text)
  • Related Services (links to other services, or a multi line text to describe those relationships)
  • A diary function would be great showing changes over time, like you get for requests. (e.g. UserName changed Service title from "Test" to "Test 23")

While we're in wishlist land, a tab or box on the right perhaps showing some real time Service specific stats  e.g.

• Time since last Critical Incident
  • List last 5 Critical Incidents
  • Incidents raised in last 7/30/90 days (or similar)
  • Requests older than 30/90 days

Thanks for this David.

I'll have a review of these and work what I can into some of my planned changes. I'm afraid that I can't specify time frames, but it possibly would be the same as adding more custom fields.  I'll let you know if there is progress in any of these fields.

Regards,

James