Search for an email from....

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Could a new search be added to the email screen to allow a search from a particular person/email address please?

The only searches I can see look a the subject or body, but I've got someone who says that they emailed the team but I can't see that email in the inbox, so I'd like to be able to search for the email address.

thanks

@Paul Alexander, from address is included when you search, that's why is not indicated. You can also combine the email address with some other text for a more accurate result.

@Steven Cotterell, ticking the Subject and/or Body is only for narrowing search results and does not change the from or to email search.

Daniel.

Guest Paul Alexander

Thanks @Daniel Dekel

It seems that the reason that the email I was looking for wasn't showing in the mailbox was that the sender had attached a document which was too big, so it wasn't IN the inbox.

How would a sender (and us as analysts) know that an email has been refused because the attachment was too big? The sender didn't receive any notification that it had been rejected and, as mentioned before, there was no indication in the mailbox that delivery had been attempted.....

thanks

@Paul Alexander, if we are talking about an inbound email (POP3/IMAP4),  we currently don't enforce any file size restriction, so most probably their outbound server rejected the message because of the size. Do you know what was the email size? Usually the default size is 25MB. You should check that part.

If you are sure the email did get out of their mail server and reached Hornbill, we can check the logs if you have a time and date of it.

Thanks,

Daniel.