Email Routing Help

Michael Sharp

@Michael Sharp nope, that configuration won't work. You can't specify a request reference in the "Reference" field, it needs to be a REGEX expression. And you can't route an email to an exact request unless the request reference can be extracted by Hornbill routing mechanism from email subject.

27 minutes ago, Victor said:

@Michael Sharp nope, that configuration won't work. You can't specify a request reference in the "Reference" field, it needs to be a REGEX expression. And you can't route an email to an exact request unless the request reference can be extracted by Hornbill routing mechanism from email subject.

can that be a development?

Guest Paul Alexander

@Michael Sharp

Couldn't you just add the IN00 number into the subject line of the email that is sent? \that would then work (assuming that the request is still open)? 

Just a thought....

5 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

@Michael Sharp

Couldn't you just add the IN00 number into the subject line of the email that is sent? \that would then work (assuming that the request is still open)? 

Just a thought....

@Paul Alexander that would indeed be the simple answer however I'm limited by a third party product unfortunately!

Mike.

Guest Paul Alexander

How about using the 'automatic logging' to log a request from the email, then create a new BPM which takes the summary and description of this new request to update your specific request?

Then, once done, close the new request. (I have no idea if this would work to be honest......I'm just throwing it out there!)

image.thumb.png.78a5a095ec3d9f4ff3099015446fbc29.png