SLA Response

chriscorcoran

In our business process we set our response SLA to be met once its been assigned to an analyst and they complete the updated customer activity. People always forget to complete the activity  or fail to assign it but do contact the customer, which means analysts often miss the response SLA. Is there a way to make it so that the first email sent externally to the customer would trigger the SLA response met? Or can someone suggest a better way, or what they do for response SLA.

One solution would something along the lines of locking down relevant actions on a request (such as emailing, assign) while the update customer task is active... basically, the only options for the analyst is to action on the task first. Once the update customer task is completed you can then unlock the actions allowing analysts to email and do other things as pre your current processes...

On 5/15/2019 at 1:18 PM, Victor said:

One solution would something along the lines of locking down relevant actions on a request (such as emailing, assign) while the update customer task is active... basically, the only options for the analyst is to action on the task first. Once the update customer task is completed you can then unlock the actions allowing analysts to email and do other things as pre your current processes...

I agree - this is how I've configured ours

• 4 weeks later...

Many thanks for the suggestion @Michael Sharp  @VictorI have attempted to lock down the actions which does grey them out but I can still click on them and fill complete them. Do you know what I need to change in order to stop people bypassing. So in my test, i'm locking all actions apart from email. You can see I can still click on the resolution. 

image.png.a89a7810409642415f59ced254977096.png

image.png.58707ee9556c477359d049104e05cf09.png

6 minutes ago, chriscorcoran said:

Many thanks for the suggestion @Michael Sharp  @VictorI have attempted to lock down the actions which does grey them out but I can still click on them and fill complete them. Do you know what I need to change in order to stop people bypassing. So in my test, i'm locking all actions apart from email. You can see I can still click on the resolution. 

image.png.a89a7810409642415f59ced254977096.png

image.png.58707ee9556c477359d049104e05cf09.png

You are an administrator so therefore you are able to bypass this.  Have you tried this as a standard agent?

@Michael Sharp @chriscorcoran just to clarify. Is not necessarily the administrator (I think by this you mean service desk administrator, not admin account). "Full User" roles can bypass this: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Manager_Business_Process_Workflow

Quote: Only users with the appropriate application right (update locked requests) will be able to modify the details or use an Action once locked. This right has been added to the following roles: Incident Management Full Access, Change Management Full Access, Problem Management Full Access, Release Management Full Access, Service Request Full Access, and Service Desk Admin