Change Request question

Adrian Simpkins

Hi,

I am looking at the change management process within Service Manager, and I note you can only raise a Change Request from one of the below locations rather than from a Catalog item set against a Service. However our instance seems to be bypassing the BPM I have set under the Change Management Service we have setup, so I wanted to know how do I set it so that when a User raises a change request it uses our Progressive Capture Questions rather than the default capture? I presume this will need to be set on all the default capture that Hornbill defaults to, so to understand this will assist greatly, as the default captures will all need amending to suit our needs, or I will need to change the defaults on all request types.

The Request List > Using the Raise Change drop down option next to the Raise New icon

• The Request List > Using the Raise Change drop down option next to the Raise New icon
  • Boards > Using the Raise Change drop down option next to the Raise New icon
  • Existing Incidents records > Using the Raise Change from the Raise New Linked Request option under the Link Action Bar or Using the Raise Change drop down option next to the Raise New icon
  • Existing Problem records > Using the Raise Change from the Raise New Linked Request option under the Link Action Bar or Using the Raise Change drop down option next to the Raise New icon

Thanks !

@Adrian Simpkins if i read this, it relates to progressive captures?

So firstly, you can do the following:

* Use your own progressive captures from the Raise New or specific Raise Change options, you can set this in the admin tool - under Service Manager and Setting, search for Progressive Capture this will return all the PC's which are currently defined against the raise new, change, problem etc.

image.png

* You can of course tweak the default one's instead.

* You can use switching in a progressive capture, so it invokes the progressive capture you have defined against a change or any other Catalog Item in your services.  This is detailed on the wiki here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Progressive_Capture_Designer under Switch Capture section.

These options should allow you to ask your own questions rather than the defaults.

Let us know if this helps or if we have misunderstood the challenge

Steve

Thanks @dwalby and Steven - appreciate the assistance. I have updated the default script in the application settings as above, and a new change request now calls the PC I have setup, and it is now triggering as expected, thanks for the tip. I will bear it in mind for the other default request types!

Many thanks !