Holiday application

Hello,

I do recall seeing Holiday application beta while ago and thought that would be very useful for us however when I came to check for update whether it would eventually go live, it has disappeared from the list. Are the application still in the development or decided to remove from the list?

Thanks,
Aaron :ph34r:

@Aaron Summers thanks for your post.

Yes, Holiday Manager is still very much in development. In fact, we use it ourselves internally at Hornbill :-) 

All I can say for now is that when it reaches the required level of maturity, we will make this application available for our customers. Look out for future announcements on this on both our website and forums.

Alex

• Like 1

Moved this topic to "General Non_product Discussion". Although not entirely true, it did not belong to Timesheet Manager section and this was the most appropriate section I could think of...

...maybe I need to create a section for it... :ph34r:

• Like 2

@AlexTumber @Victor

Many thanks for your swift response and a brand new section!

Awesome, I am jealous that you guys already using it! It is good that it still in development stage which bring me a few questions to ask...(please sat your VIP chair comfortably and have popcorn on the side, ready to eat) :P

1) At the moment, we used O365 system to book our holiday and invite our manager (exactly like meeting request) and if "attend" means we book on that day etc and shared with one shared mailbox that everyone have access to see the calendar (mainly for managers to keep an eye on the team to avoid short staff on the day). Anyway, my point is would there be possible of integration with O365 with Hornbill Holiday Manager? (So that we can turn on auto reply when confirm on leave etc)

2) Would this Holiday Manager help with request tickets? Example: I got 5 tickets in the queue that assigned to me and I am away tomorrow, if I confirm in Holiday Manager that I am away, would this trigger all tickets that is currently open to change sub status to on-hold/analyst on leave? If not, it would be big beneficial to have this feature to avoid customer contact the analyst repeatedly or other staff for update of the tickets (Most staff do not take much notice of "on-hold" or "analyst on leave"

3) Does this Holiday Manager include bank holiday, total number of allowance leaves and possible of restriction with number of staff on leave within the same team? Example: Technical Support have 6 staff and the rule is maximum of 2 staff can book off on the same day and give warning to managers to be aware of this?

4) Does this application would involve a cost per members or main application or free depends on the package subscription with have with Hornbill?

I do apologise if it a lot of questions to ask and I am sure you want to answer as much without giving away too much information (like Victor...:lol: in a good way!)

Thanks,

P.S. If you are unsure of anything I said, please do mention me and quote of what I said, I will do my best to elaborate the idea further. (would be so much easier if I can sign to the video and you guys watch with caption/subtitles! :lol:

@Aaron Summers thanks for your post. With regard to your points raised:

1. We've not yet started development on any of the Holiday Manager integrations. This is obviously something that has to be done before we can release it to our customers. There is actually already a premium iBridge integration to write calendar entries to an O365 shared calendar (Microsoft >> Office 365 >> Calendar >> Create Calendar Event). This could be added very easily to any business process that runs against a holiday request (holiday requests run business processes).

2. There is a setting per user in holiday manager which allows you to automatically control your status when you take a holiday. For example, I personally have it set to change my status to 'On Holiday' whenever I take some time off. This is all done automatically in the background. Many of the Service Manager bpm operations that handle assignment factor in an analyst's status when invoked, so for example if you were in a team that receives round robin assignment you would not be assigned new calls while on holiday. Part of the integration work that needs to be done (which is probably more relevant to point 1) is to allow behaviour like you have described above regarding updating open tickets automatically when the assigned analyst is on holiday. Currently this is not there.

3. In Holiday Manager, each co-worker's holiday runs against a working time calendar. There is a default one provided but you can also add others. For example, we employ people that live and work in different countries so they run against different calendars which include different public holidays etc. In the administration section you can set allowances for each holiday type for each co-worker. When approving a holiday request, an approver has the option to see in a calendar view which other members of the team(s) already have holiday booked. At the moment there is no rules system to enforce that only 2 staff can book for the same day, for example, but there is no reason why such a feature could not be added in the future.

4. The pricing model for Hornbill Holiday Manager has not yet been determined.

I'd just like to say it's great that you have an interest in this app and we look forward to eventually releasing it to our customers. Look out for an announcement and more news at our upcoming Insights event this Summer. (details of this year's event will be provided soon)

https://insights.hornbill.com/

Alex

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@AlexTumber

Not sure why I did not get the notification of your replied.

Nonetheless, thank you for your response and it seems a great potential of new application that would likely to make a big difference of how we manage the organisation. I am looking forward to the event (which I have registered :))

Thanks,

• Like 1

• 3 years later...