OnHold Sub status

Joyce

Hi,

I would like to measure, main reason for ticket being on-hold. For that I need to report on onhold Status.

Using  Sub.status.text field from h_itsm_request I am getting some, not all.  I have two questions:

1. If a ticket has been put onHold more than once, will all Onhold sub-status be recorded  in the database, if yes, where?

2. When a ticket is put onHold by BPM no sub-status is recorded, how can we fix this?

Thanks.

Regards,

Joyce

Hi @Joyce

All timeline entries for a request are written to the h_buzz_activities table, and you can join this and the h_itsm_requests table to get the timeline entries for specific requests. 

You can see from the example below, the information contained in the timeline entry includes text showing the sub-status change from and too, and also the reason, and it is marked as type Hold so you may want to create a report which looks at all updates of type Hold from the above table and then you will be able to see the info.  I am not sure we have anything else in terms of a table containing just the sub-status changes i'm afraid.  

image.png

You will need to join the tables on the request id and CONCAT the value to match the format of the request id held in the h_buz_activities table - below is another thread where this is explained a bit more.

Once you have the report returning results, the three columns which maybe of interest are:

h_type - the type of update - Hold, Update, System etc - you may want to filter on Hold

h_content - the text of the update

h_title - title of update

in regards to the bpm options not putting the request into a specific su-status, do you know which options you are using?

If you are using the Update Request > Place on Hold there is an option to specify a sub-status, and you would also want to change System Timeline Update to Yes so you have something to report against.

image.png

The same options exist under the Update Request > Status. 

Hopefully these two operations will allow you to record the sub-status when set by the  business process

Steve

• 1 year later...

Hi Joyce,

I just wanted to let you know that as part of the Service Manager build 1929 the Timeline entry has been added when the sub-status is changed by the BPM.  It now matches the Timeline entry when the sub-status is manually changed.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

James