Authorisation Emails and Wiki Markup

rodb

Hi all,

We've come across some limitations when sending authorisation tasks via email.

We use the TaskAuthoriserNotification template for a number of different authorisation scenarios, so it has to be quite generic. However, we do want to pull in the 'Authorisation Details' in a formatted fashion. This is because the authorisation task notifications will be emailed to senior managers.

When using wiki markup in the 'Authorisation Details' of the Authorisation node, the formatting works fine when viewed within the internal Hornbill tasks, however when the email is sent for authorisation the markup isn't formatted/recognised and just gets sent exactly as it is. Is there a way for the wiki markup to be rendered within the authorisation email prior to departure? Or any plan to include this functionality in a future Hornbill release? We're currently using Service Manager Build: 1408

Thanks

Hi @RobD ,

You can use basic wiki markup in the authorisation details, but you need to change the modifier in the email template to wiki:

image.png

Currently, only basic formatting (Bold, Italic, Ordered & Unordered lists) are supported. Please see the Variables > Modifiers section of the email templates wiki page for more information: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Email_Templates

Cheers,

Steve

• 5 years later...

Hi

Sorry for posting on an old thread.

Are there any more Tasks related variables? I don't see these Task Variables in the list of variables so not sure what else there is.

I am looking to include the first name of the person who the Auto Authorisation Task has been assigned and emailed to (after pulling from a list of users in a Team) into the TaskAuthoriserNotification Email Template if that's possible, so the email is clearly directed to each of the authorisers.

Hi @Steve Giller,

Apologies I logged this post quickly and hadn't provided enough context. I am using the Auto Assign Authorisation node, which is based on the Members of the supplied Team in the node prior:

image.png.7e931b760b6a9d2055329b36f1bdb198.png

There could be two people in a team, or 5 people in a team for example so wouldn't be able to specify a single name in the Task Details as it iterate through each Team Member, creates a Task for them, and sends them an Authorisation email.

Thanks,

Samuel