Customer Portal - Change Request Visibility - existing change with no Catalog

Martyn Houghton

We are now looking to enable the visibility and raising of Change Requests via the Customer Portal. My query is for our existing historic change requests which where raised as changes on Services which where not configured with Catalog items under change type at the time.

image.thumb.png.e85c311d6eaf698f9ada0c6949b7c977.png

How will the visibility of these be determined, as the portal visibility is set at the catalog level and service level. There is no option to set visibility at the request type level.

Though we can control this going forward, my concern is what happens to the existing ones.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for your post. 

As far as I'm aware, if there is a customer associated to the change, that customer will be able to see their changes once this is enabled.  I believe that there have been other discussions on being able to hide individual requests from the portals.  Your option at the moment might be to remove the customer from the older changes, but I would understand if that is needed for historic reasons. 

@James Ainsworth

Thanks for the quick reply. The customer is indeed required on the historic/previously raised change requests for reporting purposes, so I am in a bit of catch 22.

We need to allow portal visibility to raise and view change request for new services on the portal. The only other way I can see is to retire the existing services and set them up again, but without the ability to copy a service this is quite a bit of work.

Cheers

Martyn

@James Ainsworth

The only other way I can think of doing this would be to use Database Direct to update the completed change requests to conplete the catalog id, so in theory the request would then pick the visibility of the newer catalog item under change with the portal visibility set to Service Desk only.

Cheers

Martyn

I'm not sure if changing the catalog item on a request will work.  The Catalog Item restrictions only prevent someone from raising a request using that catalog item.  I think the customer would still have visibility.

I'll look into the option for hiding individual requests.  I think that this would be useful for other reasons.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 10:47 PM, James Ainsworth said:

I'm not sure if changing the catalog item on a request will work.  The Catalog Item restrictions only prevent someone from raising a request using that catalog item.  I think the customer would still have visibility.

i currently have that issue were an analist logged a request to a catalog item not published to the service portal, where the customer is not able to see the request under "all my request"  any idea?

My thinking was that no matter what the customer would always see request logged againt that customer, but that does not seem to be the case.\

(sorry for hijacking this topic)

@Martijn

At the moment if the catalog item is set to be Service Desk only, it will not be visible on either portals. Setting it to Portal/Both will allow it to visible, but also means they can then try log requests under it as well. At the moment there is no inbetween option to allow visbility bu not logging on the portals. This is something we would find useful, as at the moment we update the catalog/service description to say View Only on the portal and put a decision node in the progressive capture based on source  to display a form that they are not able to complete with a mandatory field to stop them.

Cheers

Martyn