Change Calendar editing

Joyce

Hi,

I am aware there is an ongoing change for improving Change Calendar. I would like to know what is the scope for this.

We have  pre-schedule maintenance  date, which we agree with the business 6 month in advance.

I would like a way to add these dates to the change calendar without login a ticket, so that when other people are planning changes, they can see these on the calendar hence either avoid the dates, or combine there changes with schedule maintenance.

The dates are every other week, either on Thursday or over the weekend.

Thanks.

Regards,

Joyce

Hi @Joyce

We do have plans to add calendars to assets.  When this is done you will be able to see activities scheduled for that particular asset.  I'm sure that once this is in place we could consider a calendar view that shows all scheduled asset activities.  This would also feed  into Change Management so when changes are being raised against an asset one would be able to see if there are any conflicts with that asset's schedule.  These features are in our backlog, but not yet scheduled for development.

Is this the type of thing you are looking for?

Regards,

James

2 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @Joyce

We do have plans to add calendars to assets.  When this is done you will be able to see activities scheduled for that particular asset.  I'm sure that once this is in place we could consider a calendar view that shows all scheduled asset activities.  This would also feed  into Change Management so when changes are being raised against an asset one would be able to see if there are any conflicts with that asset's schedule.  These features are in our backlog, but not yet scheduled for development.

Is this the type of thing you are looking for?

Regards,

James

Fantastic! Looking forward to this!

+1

Hi James,

I just want a basic use of the calendar, like the way we use on phone for example, be able to click on the date, and add an event ( planned maintenance), so when someone is scheduling another change, can see the change/ maintenance window already there.

I don't want to use freeze date, as that prevent scheduling of any other change.

So something similar to freeze dates, but users can still schedule things with it.

Thanks.

Regards,

Joyce