Convert Service Request to Release Management

Michael Sharp

We have a requirement to be able to convert service requests (or any ticket ideally) to a Release Management ticket.  A thought I had was to use a specific closure category as a trigger point i.e. category would be "release management required" which would then (on closure of the original request):

- Raise a new RM ticket
- Pull through the original summary and description
- Link the original SR/IN ticket
- Allocate to the same engineer by default

Is this possible?

Regards and thanks,

Mike.

@Michael Sharp in the BPM if you use the Service Manager > Raise Request you can choose the type of ticket you want to auto-create

You can then

* Choose to copy the owner

* Copy the summary / Description

This will auto link to the request it was raised from, and as shown below you can do this from and to any other request type

image.png

You can of course launch this off a task outcome, decision based on closure code etc

Hope that helps

Steve

5 hours ago, Steven Boardman said:

@Michael Sharp in the BPM if you use the Service Manager > Raise Request you can choose the type of ticket you want to auto-create

You can then

* Choose to copy the owner

* Copy the summary / Description

This will auto link to the request it was raised from, and as shown below you can do this from and to any other request type

image.png

You can of course launch this off a task outcome, decision based on closure code etc

Hope that helps

Steve

Thanks for this @Steven Boardman, it would be better if this could be invoked rather than waiting on a workflow if possible?  How does this handle progressive capture?

Regards,

Mike.

@Michael Sharp these options are only possible via the business process i'm afraid.  Progressive Capture is not invoked here as the action you are calling is simply one of creating a new request, and in the process action configuration you can choose to copy values from the originating request, or input your own values.   In terms of data capture for the new request, you could look to use the task custom questions as soon as the request is spawned to capture any required info and inject this into custom fields in the details section of the request.

Steve

1 hour ago, Steven Boardman said:

@Michael Sharp these options are only possible via the business process i'm afraid.  Progressive Capture is not invoked here as the action you are calling is simply one of creating a new request, and in the process action configuration you can choose to copy values from the originating request, or input your own values.   In terms of data capture for the new request, you could look to use the task custom questions as soon as the request is spawned to capture any required info and inject this into custom fields in the details section of the request.

Steve

@Steven Boardman please can you explain custom questions?  Not used these before and could be useful?

@Steven Boardman

I think I was also query about something similar here (I think):

I am curious how we can invoke a BPM on a Raised Request, such as bringing in a Human Task with Custom Fields to capture the information in the new request.

@Michael Sharp
Check this out re. Custom Questions against a Human Task - I believe this is what Steven is referring to:
https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Capture_Task_Fields