Resolve by dates not calculating as expected

Geoff Soper

HI Geoff

Thanks for the post.  I just wanted to check whether you had configured the rules that determine which SL should be picked up by the request?

If not then there are details here https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Level_Rules_Builder on how to do this.  If you have configured the rules but are still having problems then let me know.

Kind Regards,

Dave.

Edited by Victor
Removed username mention as it contained an email address

Hi Geoff,

So the only way you should end up with the "Initial Service Level" is if none of the previous rules are matched.  So at the point of the BPM where you have used the "Start Resolve Timer" task, is the priority value you are checking correctly set to match one of the rules?

Just as a confirmation, currently this check is only done when that node is called to start the timers, if you subsequently change the priority etc it will not currently alter the chosen SL, this is coming out in our next update.

Regards,

Dave.

Hi Geoff,

So just to confirm, before the above BPM node is hit, you have already set a priority e.g. by selection during your logging process or by using the "Suspend Wait for Priority" BPM node?

Maybe worth just showing me the details from one of those rules that is not being met as well.

Dave

Hi Geoff,

Sorry about the back and forth, can I confirm if in this case you are making selecting a priority mandatory as part of logging the request or are you manually setting the priority within the request details after it has been logged?

From the screenshots you have provided the service level configuration looks correct,  but it would appear  that the "Start Resolution Timer" BPM node is being called before the priority is set on the request, if this is the case then I would check that I have a "Suspend -> Wait for Request Priority" node in my BPM process before the "Start Resolution Timer" node.  This new node would ensure that the BPM waits until you have selected a priority, details can be found here https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Manager_Business_Process_Workflow under the "Suspend" header where there is an entry for "Wait for Request Priority"

Regards,

Dave

31 minutes ago, geoff.soper@ipo.gov.uk said:

but it I need to move the Start Resolve Timer to later in the flow

Dave, sorry to jump on this but there is a bigger picture you might not be aware of... 

Geoff, please do not make any changes just yet as you might break other logic implemented during the Switch On. If you "move the Start Resolve Timer to later in the flow" you will not have the resolve timer starting at the time the request is raised which means your resolve time might not reflect what you need, e.g. counting the time it takes to resolve from the moment the request was raised...

Looking at the BP configuration any request at the time when they are raised will have "Initial Service Level". This is for starting the timers on request at the time the request is raised. Later, the request is prioritised at which point the service level is "re-evaluated" and at this point, it should recalculate the "correct" targets.

It looks like the "Re-Evaluate Service Level" node did not do what it was intended to do and we need to have a look at why first... So, no changes to the process yet, please :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...