Email Functionality in Service Manager

Lauren

Hi,

Whilst testing out the email functionality in Service Manager, we've come across a couple of issues:

1) We've got our emails set up to automatically update the request that they relate to (by recognising the reference in the subject field). It then automatically moves the email from the Inbox to Deleted Items folder. To ensure our Deleted Items folder doesn't overflow with emails, and we don't run out of storage, we'd look to delete a certain amount of emails on a regular basis. However, we've found that after deleting an email, the email is no longer visible in the request it relates to. Is there a way round this at all?

2) When logging a request from an email, we've found that the body of the email isn't pasted into the request anywhere. You can only view the email if you navigate via the timeline update. Is there anyway it can be posted into somewhere more visible, on the request?

Thanks

Lauren

@Lauren

On 10/24/2018 at 11:20 AM, Lauren said:

1) We've got our emails set up to automatically update the request that they relate to (by recognising the reference in the subject field). It then automatically moves the email from the Inbox to Deleted Items folder. To ensure our Deleted Items folder doesn't overflow with emails, and we don't run out of storage, we'd look to delete a certain amount of emails on a regular basis. However, we've found that after deleting an email, the email is no longer visible in the request it relates to. Is there a way round this at all?

The content of the email will remain in the timeline update, however, the email itself, if deleted, will no longer be accessible as it was, well, deleted.

On 10/24/2018 at 11:20 AM, Lauren said:

2) When logging a request from an email, we've found that the body of the email isn't pasted into the request anywhere. You can only view the email if you navigate via the timeline update. Is there anyway it can be posted into somewhere more visible, on the request?

If the email body is not present on the request then this is due to how the progressive capture is configured. If your progressive capture is configured to use the default Request Details form then the email subject and body will populate the request summary and description (this form has this functionality implemented within)

image.png

As a note, even if the email subject and/or body are not captured in request details, if a request is raised from email, this will be accessible via a link available in the Source field in request details form.

image.png

Hi @Victor,

With reference to the first point in Lauren's post, we are having an issue when customers email attachments. The only way I have found to view the attachment is by clicking on 'View Email' on the Timeline update. Once the email is deleted, there is no record of the attachment anywhere (that I can see).

For the second point, are we able to use a custom form to add the email body to a request, or is the only way to use the Request Details form?

Many thanks,
Alisha

6 minutes ago, Alisha said:

The only way I have found to view the attachment is by clicking on 'View Email' on the Timeline update. Once the email is deleted, there is no record of the attachment anywhere (that I can see).

It really depends on how the email is added to the request. If the email is added automatically by routing rules operations then the attachments will not be added to the request. This is something that our devs were looking to improve and is WIP currently. If the email is added to the request manually (using the Apply Email option in email view) then the attachments will be added to the Attachments section of the request.

8 minutes ago, Alisha said:

are we able to use a custom form to add the email body to a request, or is the only way to use the Request Details form?

Currently, only the Request Details form in PCF has the ability to pull the email subject and body into request summary and description.

• Like 1

Hi @Victor,

It would be really helpful if the attachment could be added to the 'Attachments' screen of the request when an email gets automatically added. Please could you let me know when this functionality is introduced?

27 minutes ago, Victor said:

Currently, only the Request Details form in PCF has the ability to pull the email subject and body into request summary and description.

I will go add a Request Details form to our progressive capture. Thank you very much for your help! :)

1 hour ago, Alisha said:

It would be really helpful if the attachment could be added to the 'Attachments' screen of the request when an email gets automatically added. Please could you let me know when this functionality is introduced?

This is being discussed here: 

I think your organisation has been already added as a connection to the change mentioned there...