Translating the "Its Working!" Button in the portal

Jack_Podmore

Hi guys, 

Forgive me if this has been asked before!

When resolving a ticket a message is displayed on the service portal with 2 buttons "Its Working!" / "Its still broken". Is there a way to change the wording on these or remove these completely? These buttons aren't really relevant to requests, for example a new starter. Although minor, it would be nice to have something a bit more in keeping with the ticket. 

image.png.bf3efdc499fb46ea9c3c6fee98d886be.png

Thanks 

It's in service manager translations:

guest.com.hornbill.servicemanager.portals.portal.home.requestView.details.resolve.working

and

guest.com.hornbill.servicemanager.portals.portal.home.requestView.details.resolve.broken

@Jack_Podmore thanks for posting!

As @HHH has said, these button labels can be changed by amending the appropriate translation string in Hornbill Administration > Home > Hornbill Service Manager > Translations . Every piece of text throughout the application has a translation string and as well as allowing us to display the term in German, French, etc we can also amend the English translation to use more appropriate terminology.

When it comes to the portals, the strings you need will depend on what portal you're working with. As you might know, Hornbill Service Manager has two portals. The "Customer" portal facilitates external support and is used in conjunction with contacts whereas the "Service" portal is used to deliver a support function within your organisation and is accessed by Basic Users. 

Each portal has it's own set of translation strings:

For the Customer portal, all translation strings begin with     guest.com.hornbill.servicemanager.portals.portal.......

For the Service portal, all translations begin with     guest.com.hornbill.servicemanager.portals.servicePortal........

A very subtle difference, but one to be aware of.

Therefore I believe the translation strings you're looking for are:

guest.com.hornbill.servicemanager.portals.servicePortal.home.requestView.details.resolve.working and guest.com.hornbill.servicemanager.portals.servicePortal.home.requestView.details.resolve.broken

I hope that helps!

Dan

All the above advice is sound. Top job ;) 

Just another thought considering different request types. You can follow the above advice and it will work quite well as long as your "tickets" are of the same request type: in your case I understand you are using service requests. Just to be aware that changing the button's text will apply to all request types, so, for example, if you are also using incidents (as another request type) in your instance, the incidents will also display the modified text for these buttons.

• 3 weeks later...

@DanielRi I've tried to go in and change this setting myself, but I can't seem to edit the translations - I assumed the 'translator' role would cater for this but despite being a member of this role still can't make any changes. Is there a permission elsewhere? It doesn't mention on the Wiki that one is required: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Translations

@dwalby - I don't think you need a special permission/role other than what is required to access Translations in admin tool (however, I am not 100% sure of this). Anyway, can you detail a bit what exactly is not working? The way this works is that when you click on the translated text, a translation box should appear (example in the screenshot). Is this what is not working for you?

image.png