Time Control when setting calls On-hold

samwoo

Hello,

I have no idea what this is supposed to be called so I am going with "Time Control" but not in the context of going backwards or forwards in time...

Basically when putting a call on-hold, users are constantly picking up the fact that no-one ever puts a ticket on-hold until (for example) 07:53:22 or 12:11:10. I can see their frustration and have told them that I will ask the following on the forums:

Can we have the ability to choose the "types" of times visible when putting calls on-hold... so here are some ideas... I think this should be catalog specific (for example for New Starter requests Appointments are to be made at either Quarter Past, Half Past, Quarter To or O'Clock). A global setting should still apply though, but be overridden by Catalog specific settings where required.

1. Show every minute and every second as we do currently
2. Hide the seconds and show every minute
3. Hide the seconds but show the minutes in increments of 10
4. Hide the seconds but show the minutes in increments of 15

I really hope I am making sense here... so this will then make it easier for example for a call to be put on-hold at sensible times throughout the day for an appointment that has been booked with a customer.

The users like to be able to keep the selection, they know they can type in the time but would prefer a quick click dropdown of fewer options to choose from.

Wow I really really hope I made sense here,

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi @samwoo

One quick win which might help here is the option to remove the Seconds

image.png

The Date and Time and use of Hours / Mins / Seconds is taken from the users settings, so below i am not using seconds and so i won't see this on the request on hold (as above)

image.png

If i set this back to use seconds on my profile :

image.png

This is why is see the on-hold until or in fact SL target including seconds

image.png

If your users change their Date Time Format to remove the second, hopefully this will help

Steve

Hello @Steven Boardman,

Thanks for getting in touch - one of my colleague has had a go and has come back with the following:

Good start to make the second not visible, however it doesn't make it any easier when selecting a time and date to put the call on-hold for. I still have to scroll up and down the Minute field or manually type it whereas I was hoping I could only choose minutes by the quarter (0, 15, 30, 45). Is it possible to restrict the Minute selection to these values?

To follow on from his last sentence, I know it isn't possible currently. Can we raise this as an enhancment? It's a small thing but has a big impact in their day to day work.

Thanks,

Samuel

• 1 month later...