Mathematics within Service Manager

Josh Bridgens

@Victor  custom expression display names are the same as before, just now you can actually see the full path of the variable that has been selected (in old form they were cut off so you would never know what the var was that you picked). However the starting part in this case "Custom PCF...-." is quite space consuming so i have shortened start of all refs to PCF questions to just "PCF->" . Will be in next build.

image.png

• Like 1

@Josh Bridgens @NeilWJ - currently when the PCF has custom forms and custom fields that are configured as lists (drop-down lists, checkboxes or radio buttons) when a user goes through the PCF (to raise a request), the answers provided will store the display of the selected item in the custom field list. It would make more sense or at least there should be a configurable option for Hornbill to store the value configured for that item of the list instead of display. But this is being discussed internally at the moment.

@Victor But PCF ui is just a ui. I am not sure i understand why storing both the display and value is a problem. Obviously customers will have to rework conditions to use values if we provide that as an option i.e from var picker they will pick pcf->form->thefield then have an option to use value or display ... this has been going on for ages. @Gerry i think maybe we should address this as maybe a core solution rather than relying on individual application teams to do it OR well explicitly enforce that apps should store the actual value and display...simply the requirement is in itself "simple" and i am pretty sure the solution is as well as in add a new value col to captured answers table and fetch it as part of the get pfc answers workflow and update bpm designer ui to reference that new field. Job done....

@NeilWJ In my instance - 

I am treating the "Value" and "Display" as 2 different ways of showing the same information.

Display - goes out to users 
Value - what the BPM sees

As an Example.

The Simple List I have created for users ordering a printer:

image.png.e7cf11ef001fa22fd336f2624c019156.png

The information isn't correct however I am treating the display as what the customer will understand, whereas the Value is the "data" that I can control in the background.

image.png.2efe5b4d6e7dd969b229b738e546b6e8.png

By Doing it the way I Expected it to work, I have the "Display" as the name of the item, where as the Value is the price of it. (I understand Value in this instance doesn't ACTUALLY mean price but for this PCF and BPM that would be the most logical solution for me.)

What this allows me to do is manipulate the value, such as add and subtract OTHER values from and to this. (Laptop field above it which works the same way.)

The user then understands what they are ordering and we can provide a fairly accurate quote immediately based on recent prices, just by updating the simple list when we get a new price list from suppliers.

This is not just for the one process I am trying to implement, having both the Value and the Display as independent reference-able data would be amazing as it allows to customise what the user sees and what we see independently.

Apologies for the bombardment.

Josh

• 3 weeks later...

@Victor doesn't receive messages!!!! lol

I have attached the PCF and BPM for the purchasing, these are extremely basic at the moment while I build the integral "Maths heavy" part of the calls.

The later tasks are sat in another process at the moment ready to be copied over :P

Ignore the names - this is proof of concept at the moment :D 

prospects-purchasing-capture-v2.pcf.txtprospects-laptop-purchase.bpm.txt

Any ideas you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Josh

• 2 weeks later...