New look for requests

James Bartle

Hello,

I was wondering why the look of the request list and requests themselves changed in the last update?

There used to be boxes around diferent section which gave it a far cleaner and sharper look. There is nothing about this mentioned in the update log?

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

@James Bartle this is the material design change mentioned in this announcement post: 

Although I was under the impression that we could turn off the preview. It seems that if you raise a new request from the analyst view that you get taken to the new view by default.

This could cause us issues as we have 21 teams who were not / are not expecting a change in the UI. As it stands there are issues with the form displays. 

Is there a way to revert my teams back to the old view without getting them all to do something? 

Guest Ehsan

Hi @James Bartle,

We're working on improving the look and feel of Hornbill through Material Design. This was announced and made available last night:

You'll notice that we have introduced Hornbill Today with configurable options to set up a view of your own.

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 14.01.46.png

We need to continue to refine and iron out any user interface issues, so please continue to share your thoughts and feedback.

@Ehsan / @Victor as per my above post I was under the impression that we could turn off the preview. It seems that if you raise a new request from the analyst view that you get taken to the new view by default.

This could cause us issues as we have 21 teams who were not / are not expecting a change in the UI. As it stands there are issues with the form displays. 

Is there a way to revert my teams back to the old view without getting them all to do something?

Guest Ehsan

@Dan Munns 

Great to meet you yesterday.

The preview that was discussed in the presentation was in relation to the Employee Portal (i.e. bringing the Service Portal experience into the main App). That is a different view to Hornbill Today.

Hornbill Today (or the introduction of Material Design) is a new branding and enhancement to the User App.

You can still access the old view using Home > News Feed option in the menu.

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 14.12.36.png

We hope to consider the new look and feel as a refresh and a new way forward while intuitive and very keen to get some feedback on any usability issues that need to be ironed out.

Ehsan

@Ehsan it was good to meet you and the rest of the Hornbill family as well.

The issue I have here is there is a mixture of UIs. Going back in the 'old way' still doesn't use the old forms when logging requests as an analyst. This isn't a Hornbill Today issue, just a Service Manager issue. 

Currently if a normal user logs a Marketing request via the portal they see this: 

image.png.d240bf9a739a58154dd3edc3ed212e37.png

It works, no missing info from labels etc. 

If a full user logs a request via the Service Manager app they see this: 

image.png.c38f824c0f22efcc299127b0b5b4f522.png

Faded text, missing info on the labels etc etc (it seems that the text fields dont conform to either of the two styles here: https://material.io/design/components/text-fields.html#usage). 

We were told that we could switch off the previews at the Insights event (good event by the way) yesterday. However this does not appear to be the case (or if it is I can't find the option)

Guest Ehsan

@Dan Munns,

I completely agree that the Material Design integration with the Hornbill offerings is not mature yet and very early days but we're tackling these to improve your experience and they will follow through in future Service Manager and Collaboration updates.

The preview that was mentioned at Insights was in relation to the Employee Portal (i.e. bringing Service Portal into the User App) - This is accessible as a preview while you can continue to use the Service Portal side by side. The plan is to remove the Service Portal and use the Employee Portal instead, in the future. This is accessed by selecting the My Services option in Home tile and is a preview.

Hornbill Today is a separate piece, which was introduced and enabled as of last night. This includes the Material Design piece. Unfortunately this cannot be turned off at the moment, I will speak to the team to share your thoughts with them.Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 14.43.56.png

There is a discussion about Hornbill Today and Material Design happening in the post below.