Please read this if you plan to update to Service Manager build > 1218 (NO LONGER VALID)

Victor

EDIT :This no longer applies as the issue was fixed by ESP platform update 2913

The platform fault is fixed, however, the fix is not yet deployed in live instances. My advice would be to (if possible) to perform this update when the impact is minimal (e.g. lunchtime or OOH) to allow the cache system to refresh the application rights and roles (it should be done every 15 min) before the users resume their activity.

The above advice is valid only for this particular build update and only if you have notifications enabled in your instance. We do apologise for any inconvenience this might cause.

EDIT: the issue occurs from build 1218 (this is the build that introduces the new application rights for notifications) and will propagate for any new Service Manager build until the platform fix is deployed to live instances. As the latest available build for Service Manager is 1220, the issue will occur if you update to this build as well.

Note: if you already updated to build 1218 (or greater) and the notification issue does not occur or was fixed, then further updates to Service Manager app will NOT reintroduce the issue. The above statement applies only if you update from a previous build (a build < 1218) to the latest build.

Hi Victor

I have just upgraded from 1205 to 1220 and now analyst cannot log a call to a team.  They must log it to an individual.  They get an error that says:

"Error

Failed to log reqeust"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jason

@clampj yes, most likely because the BP that spawns on the request does an assignment which triggers a notification which causes the error, in the end, failing the log request sequence altogether.

As stated above, give it 15 min and it should be fixed.

Thanks Victor

Can I make a suggestion that important notices that require reading before an upgrade is applied are placed on the upgrade section of SM?  I saw this post as a result of coming here to get help with the problem caused by the upgrade that you are warning about.

Yeah - I'll be honest - as nice as you are, I only come here when I need your help :) 

Occasionally, If I have some down time I'll pro-actively take a look to see if there are any interesting topics that describe things we'd like to do but that is very infrequent.

I'll start checking the forum prior to any upgrade.

• Victor changed the title to Please read this if you plan to update to Service Manager build > 1218
  • Victor unpinned, pinned, unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic
  • Victor featured, pinned and unlocked this topic
  • Victor changed the title to Please read this if you plan to update to Service Manager build > 1218 (OUTDATED)
  • Victor changed the title to Please read this if you plan to update to Service Manager build > 1218 (NO LONGER VALID)
  • Victor unpinned and unfeatured this topic