BPM check if Task/Activity is present

HHH

Once again calling on the collective genius of the Hornbill Community.

Now with Task Templates I have made a "Create Development Ticket" Task template. This is not mandatory but can be used by the analyst if it's determined that development is needed for the supported system.

In the incident BPM I now want to check if the analyst has used/completed this task and, if so, use the integration bridge to automatically create a Jira (development) ticket. Here is the pseudo process.

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.057138c6e8142ded43f881c735aae3e9.jpg

How would I set up the workflow to find if a certain Task has been used.

11 minutes ago, HHH said:

"Create Development Ticket" Task

Is the task created by the BP or is created outside the BP (i.e. created manually by an analyst)? If the latter, then I'm afraid the BP has no knowledge of this task so it can't be used in the process... :( 

10 minutes ago, Victor said:

Is the task created by the BP or is created outside the BP (i.e. created manually by an analyst)? If the latter, then I'm afraid the BP has no knowledge of this task so it can't be used in the process... :( 

In this case it would be created manually by the Analyst from one of the templates.

So what I'm looking for is basically a "Get request information" and then an "Attached Task title ==" or something similar to see if a certain task is attached to the request.

@HHH this is not currently possible as Victor alludes to, we are looking into the viability of making the task templates available in the the business process engine, but this is not likely to be available in the short term.

Perhaps there is another approach you could consider here? for example you could mimic a task template as a human task in the business process with outcomes, and a checklist, and perhaps you only invoke this if needed

If needed could be an outcome off other tasks in your process - so task 1 could have outcomes of Completed, Completed and Dev Needed etc with the later invoking the create development ticket, or if i am reading this correctly maybe all you actually need to do is update a custom field with the outcome from task 1, which is then evaluated when you get to your wait for resolution node and if the value in the custom field is true you branch and use the ibridge?

You could even look at doing this off the resolution category

Just thought i would throw out a couple of suggestions

Steve