Odd system behaviour today

Stuart Torres-Catmur

A little while back our service desk noted intermittent connection errors.

Other staff then reported that they cannot open attachments.  Initially we thought this could be a permission issue, but comparing Billy Perridge's account to Hetal Vadher's account, this doesn't seem likely.  Both cannot open the attachment section of the request view.

See attached.

[Attachments removed]

@Stuart Torres-Catmur the message from Dave, can we eliminate any connectivity issue? The ping tests suggest there might be something going on with the connection... for the issue reported by Billy, I would need a request reference...

Also, totally unrelated, I completely misread Hetal's last name... He (she?) must be getting this a lot... :)

@Victor

We updated Service Manager to latest build last Thursday morning (8th Feb).  Our Service Desk are still reporting intermittent connection errors.  It's not unusable, just often and annoying enough to warrant reporting it.

I ran the Instance Check.  The first time showed 'Initial connection' as 495ms, then retested twice and was more like 30ms.  I don't know if that's significant in terms of giving any clues.

I've not heard back about the attachment issue yet

@Stuart Torres-Catmur any connection issues for the affected users? Both errors suggest this, especially the first screenshot is a generic browser unable to connect issue, general connectivity, not necessarily Hornbill or another app/domain/URL specific... 

I checked with our infrastructure team, the monitoring tools are reporting all is working fine, no issues for your instance... I also checked the instance health, all showing green, no issues, all ping checks are between 30ms - 125ms...

"Failed to log request" error could be something with Hornbill though...

@Victor

We lost connectivity completely for a while on Tuesday around 4:30pm.  Our Infrastructure engineer checked and found that there was a time difference between the Hornbill and WF SAML servers.  I am wondering whether this may also explain the issue reported on this post (i.e. slight difference causing minor errors).  Why one of the servers lost time is a mystery to me at the moment.

We'll keep an eye on things, but hopefully this is sorted now.