Integration Node - Hornbill - Create User node not continuing despite Continue On Error checked

samwoo

Hello,

In our new Starter Process, we are creating users into Hornbill and complete two separate tasks where the Analyst populates the first task with the username of the New Starter in AD, and the second task with the Email Address of the New Starter in AD (on premise) (would be nice to have a single Human Task which can have multiple inputs!)

This has been working flawlessly, except on some occasions (at least 10 we've found so far).

We have the option Continue On Error ticked against the Integration Node, yet if the user already exists in Hornbill for one reason or another, the request still falls over.

I have to manually remove the user from Hornbill then restart the BPM against the ticket to get it working and the ticket moving.

Are we doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi @Victor,

Many thanks for this - I will keep an eye out for when it's fixed.

I just wondered maybe if there should be a section for all pages on the Wiki where one can list known issues / errors with any part of Hornbill? This would then be maintained.

@Victor,

Sorry to bother you again about this, my colleague who does the New Starter Requests was wondering if you might have an ETA on a fix? Is it someone that could be resolved fairly soon or is it a way off?

thanks,

Samuel

@samwoo

I have just gone through and resolved the issue with Continue on Error not working from a BPM Integration Node, there are a few Server released on their way before this makes it to live as soon as its available i will let you know, just a warning this might not be until early January as we tend to stop pushing new releases as the year ends and we have people on leave. 

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

44 minutes ago, TrevorKillick said:

@samwoo

I have just gone through and resolved the issue with Continue on Error not working from a BPM Integration Node, there are a few Server released on their way before this makes it to live as soon as its available i will let you know, just a warning this might not be until early January as we tend to stop pushing new releases as the year ends and we have people on leave. 

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Hi @TrevorKillick,

No worries at all - we have a change freeze in place mid-december to early January too, so completely understand that this may not be incorporated any time soon, but it gives the guy who does the New Starter Requests something to look forward to :)

Many thanks for all your hard work,

Samuel

• Like 1