Organisation Details

samwoo

Hello,

I am not sure if it's just me, but I swear there were more details available against an Organisation set up in the "Customers -> Organisations -> #Organisation Name#" area in the Service Manager.

This is what I see now:
59ae70f03c5cb_OrganisationView.thumb.png.18ee224b67d58e28fe9ce46e821c4fe8.png

But I swear there used to be a details tab at the top... to show or be able to edit additional information such as what you see in the Organisation List View:
59ae734b4cca7_OrganisationView2.png.bfb267271900edc95138e882b1ab0104.png

Am I going crazy? Where can I view or edit the details you can see on the second screenshot?

Thanks,

Samuel

@Martyn Houghton
Thanks for responding, however this is not what I am looking for. I am looking to view or edit the Organisation Details against an Organisation set up on the front end.

As @Daniel Dekel has said, it's related to the Organisation Details View.

I made changes to some Organisations a few weeks ago before my holiday, and now I cannot do it for any of them. I am a Super User so nothing has changed in regards to my job roles.

The details region is definitely missing as I have no way of editting these Organisations now.

:(

Samuel

45 minutes ago, Martyn Houghton said:

@samwoo

I think I see what you trying to get to now. I think our view is different as we also have some licenses for Customer Manager. 

You could try installing Customer Manager temporarily to see if that returns the functionality in your instance.

Cheers

Martyn

org_design.PNG

Hi @Martyn Houghton,
This is exactly what we had - without the Customer Manager App. (except for those extra bits at the top such as the timeline)

@Daniel Dekel
This is affecting all the organisations, not just the ones I amended.

Thanks,

Samuel

17 hours ago, Daniel Dekel said:

@samwoo can you check if there are other users also affected by this or is just you?

Hi Daniel,

I have just confirmed with my department that this is only affecting the users of Internet Explorer 11 which I am on. THose who have Google Chrome, it works fine.

We are not allowed to have Google Chrome, but some users require it for specific applications, and these users uses Hornbill on it. I am one of those that isn't allowed to have Google Chrome as is most of my department.

Is Hornbill going down the route of not being supported IE11? If so is there a roadmap of when such a time will come?

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi @samwoo, good that at least we have a clue of the problem.

Despite the fact that IE11 is very slow, the Org details are being displayed but after showing everything else in that page. SO, I'm still not able to replicate this issue. You have Windows 7, am I right?

I'll try to replicate it with that machine.

There are no plans at the moment to discontinue the support for IE11 and we are still testing all the functionality with that browser, so no worry about that.

I'll keep you updated and at the same time if you have any other information that will help replicating this in IE11  will be welcome.

Thanks,

Daniel.

2 hours ago, Daniel Dekel said:

Hi @samwoo, good that at least we have a clue of the problem.

Despite the fact that IE11 is very slow, the Org details are being displayed but after showing everything else in that page. SO, I'm still not able to replicate this issue. You have Windows 7, am I right?

I'll try to replicate it with that machine.

There are no plans at the moment to discontinue the support for IE11 and we are still testing all the functionality with that browser, so no worry about that.

I'll keep you updated and at the same time if you have any other information that will help replicating this in IE11  will be welcome.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Hi @Daniel Dekel,

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

I am currently on Windows 10 - 64 bit, as is the rest of my department.

Many thanks,

Samuel

HI @samwoo,

I saw the video you've sent to Pamela and looking at the last part of the video, in the Network Tab, there is an HTTP error (407) - Proxy Authentication Required (Forefront ... WebProxy filter is denied.)

It looks like you are using a Proxy, and that requires authorization. 

At the same time I can see in the Console Tab with two errors, can you please have a look at that tab?

Since none reported this error and we are trying to replicate the error with exactly the same configuration you mentioned, I have the feeling that the Proxy is the problem.

Can you check the IE Proxy configuration and maybe disable this just for testing?

Thank you,

Daniel.

21 hours ago, Daniel Dekel said:

HI @samwoo,

I saw the video you've sent to Pamela and looking at the last part of the video, in the Network Tab, there is an HTTP error (407) - Proxy Authentication Required (Forefront ... WebProxy filter is denied.)

It looks like you are using a Proxy, and that requires authorization. 

At the same time I can see in the Console Tab with two errors, can you please have a look at that tab?

Since none reported this error and we are trying to replicate the error with exactly the same configuration you mentioned, I have the feeling that the Proxy is the problem.

Can you check the IE Proxy configuration and maybe disable this just for testing?

Thank you,

Daniel.

Hi @Daniel Dekel,

I have just done this test again and I now do not have any Proxy errors or any other errors when using the Network Tab to browse the Organization Details. However I still cannot view or edit the Organization Details.

With regards to the two errors in the Console Log, here is what they are

• undefined
  • XML5618: Illegal name character.
    Line: 1, Column 607

Clicking on XML5618 takes me here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/query/dev12.query?appId=Dev12IDEF1&l=EN-GB&k=k(VS.WebClient.Help.XML5618

I cannot find any way of going to the code that these errors relate to.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi,

Update 
I thought I'd start fresh in F12 so I went to the Organisations View then cleared the console log and stopped the Network Log.

I started the logging in F12, then clicked into one of the Organisations.

The two errors in the Console Log appeared are the same as above.

However I now have the proxy errors in the Network Log, which I didnt have before. I will test by disabling the Proxy settings in IE and will report back

Thanks,

Samuel

• Like 1

Hi,

Update 2
I couldn't connect to Hornbill after turning off the proxy settings in IE11. So I turned them back on and started logging again from Organisations.

I still received the same errors in the Console Log, and no Proxy Errors in the Network Log - still cannot view / update the Organisation details.

Thanks,

Samuel

23 minutes ago, Daniel Dekel said:

Hi @samwoo,

We've done some extensive research and found one potential issue. There could be a case where you use a special character such as & in the "Validate Input With Regex"  when designing the form.

Do you remember if you changed something in that area before the problem started?

Thanks,

Daniel.

Hi @Daniel Dekel,

The only thing I did when designing the form was to create a new field - but i've not use the Validate input with Regex area, I'm not good with Regex :o

I think the field I created was titled "Support Website" or something like that, and on a couple of them I tried to use the [[ ]] Wiki Markup to convert this into a URL but not sure if it worked or not.

Thanks,

Samuel