Assign to request creator

Guest Sonali

Guest Sonali

Hi

In my BPM, I an trying to use an automated node to assign it to the request creator if request is raised via the analyst view. I have decision node to say if raised via service portal then assign to Service desk by default. If raised via the analyst view then the assign to request creator.

The BPM for service portal route works but does not work via analyst route.

Please can you help me - see attached examples

Sonali  

assign to  request creator3.PNG

assign to  request creator2.PNG

assign to  request creator.PNG

@Sonali right, I think I found why you getting the error. The "Assign to Request Creator" node needs to have a team. The team can be either specified manually in the node or it can be passed by a previous "Get Request Details" node IF the request has a team assigned when the BP reaches this node. Suggestions:

A. Have a decision node before to check if there is a team on the request. If there is no team on the request, have a  "Assign to Request Creator" node with a team configured (set "Team" parameter to "Manual" and specify a team). If there is a team on the request you can have the "Assign to Request Creator" node with all parameters on "Auto".

B. Amend the current  "Assign to Request Creator" node to always have a team configured (set "Team" parameter to "Manual" and specify a team) for all scenarios (request having or not having a team).

Guest Sonali

Hi

I am slightly confused here. I think you are saying that only if I am in the specified team then I can have the ticket assigned to me if I am the request creator via the analyst view? Is this correct?

What I want to be able to do is use the assigned to request creator regardless of the team they belong to 

Sonali

@Sonali

26 minutes ago, Sonali said:

I think you are saying that only if I am in the specified team then I can have the ticket assigned to me if I am the request creator via the analyst view

Not really, what I was saying is that the "Assign to Request Creator" node needs to have a team. It's a mandatory parameter.
EDIT: Actually, whilst I did not say this specifically in my above post, as per my last paragraph, you statement is correct :) 

26 minutes ago, Sonali said:

What I want to be able to do is use the assigned to request creator regardless of the team they belong to 

A request can't have an owner without a team. The "Assign to Request Creator" node will assign a request to a team and an owner, the owner being the analyst that raised the request. So, the node knows the owner, what the node does not know is what team? This is why I said the node must get this info from somewhere, whether is set manually in the node or it can be passed by a previous "Get Request Details" node IF the request has a team assigned when the BP reaches this node.

There is also a specific scenario where the request will not be assigned to the analyst that raises the request: If the analyst raising the request is not part of the team specified in the node or passed from a previous "Get Request Details" node (e.g. when the request was raised it was assigned a team of which the analyst is not a member of). In this case the request will be assigned to the team, without having an owner.