Error logging into customer portal

m.vandun

Hi,

A customer tries to logon to the customer portal, and gets the following error. I checked the account and it is approved. We are unable to logon on the customer location and on our location. I changed the logon ID to another one (we use the same logon ID as the email address), then it worked. We do not have any other customers, that have this problem. Any idea what this could be?

5900a7a526ccd_2017-04-2615_55_00-Hornbill_Login.png.43f22294b57ed66dba2eaf1ddb7023e8.png

Does the problem account have the correct roles assigned (eg. Self Service User, Basic User Role)?

Worst case recreate the user (you may have to delete the old one if you want the same username - check to see if they have old/outstanding tickets which my be best to change the customer before you do this - then assign back to the recreated one).

If you can wait probably best to let Hornbill check the logs and see what is happening.

Nasim

@Ehsan

4 minutes ago, Ehsan said:

Is the User listed under the Contacts Access tab of "customer" Portal Account through the Admin Tool?

Unfortunately there is no filter option in this screen so I cannot check this. I did check the suspended and unapproved list, the account was not in here.

@nasimg

6 minutes ago, nasimg said:

Does the problem account have the correct roles assigned (eg. Self Service User, Basic User Role)?

When changing the logon ID, the login worked. I assume this is set correctly then.

Guest Ehsan

@nasimg That's a great suggestion for Users of the Service Portal although in the case of the Customer Portal, the following Authorised Roles are required. This should be present by default on your instance.

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, m.vandun said:

we use the same logon ID as the email address

@m.vandun You have multiple contacts with the same email address then... when authentication takes place Hornbill looks at the first record that matches a log on id or email address... because this returns mores than one result it matched another record than the one intended... I'll have a look and send you these details in a PM