Change calendar

Ralf Peters

Hi,

how can i keep resolved change requests  on the change calendar ?

I find it benificial to see all the changes on the calendar as a quick reference when looking for source of issues , the seem to be removed as soon as I resolve them .

Thanks

Ralf

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for your feedback.  It was possibly done in this way initially in trying to reflect the idea of a forward schedule of change.  However, as you mention seeing resolved changes also has some value.  See completed changes can be helpful to support staff when investigating root cause resulting from a change.  We do have some plans to extend our current change management functionality so I'll be sure to add this.  

Regards,

James

Hi Ralf

We have had a quick look and it looks like resolved changes should still show on the Change Calendar.  

Is it possible that you have the 'Remove From Calendar' node enabled on your change business process, which is invoked after the change is moved into a Resolved status in the workflow?  

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 09.19.57.png

Just a thought, let us know?

Steve

Hi Steve,

we don't have a particular BPM set-up for changes , we basically using it just to create a record of the change .

as such  no service has been defined and the app.itsm.defaultBPMProcess.change is set to EXAMPLE Hornbill Change process.

i will change that in the future , but for the moment the only way for me to create the change request is to select the drop down option under <RaiseNew>.

it doesn't look like it is  following the example Hornbill Change process as no Tasks are being created on the ticket  ?

i will create a catalog item under one of  our services and see what happens, but i thought that the default setting would have kicked in?

Thanks

Ralf

Hi Steve, i just worked out the issue why it didn't invoke  the Business process  :

the default progressive capture  "New Change"   didn't have a "select service" form , as soon as I added the form to the PC the process is invoked .

Now when i complete the change request it stays on the calendar.

Not too sure why it didn't do that when no business process was invoked ??

Thanks

Ralf