Reporting definition filter error

Tonyo

When I add the following filter to give me a date range to a report, I get an error "Report definition specified not correct" .Without the string/filter, the report runs OK, but I need to specify a date range, and would like some help or pointers please.

Thanks

TonyReporting filter error.PNGReporting filter definition error.PNG

Hi Tony

I can replicate the issue if you leave the Table and Column values of the Filter empty (as it appears in your screen shot), however if you specify the table and column (from the drop downs) that you want the user date prompt to run against, then the rest of your configuration looks fine for a user defined date prompt.

In my example below I am running a report with a user input prompt on the h_sys_tasks table and h_completed_on column with the rest of the configuration the same as your example (albeit I have an extra Select Tables tab as I am joining tables) and this seems to run as expected.

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 19.10.15.png

I hope this helps?

Steve

Hi Steve,

I have tried to do this with the strings in your response, but have not been lucky. When I try run it, I get a "Report definition specified is not correct". I also couldn't get the report to run without the error.

Can you please advise how you get the "h_completed_on " values added to the string?

Thanks,

Tony

Hi Tony

Sorry you are still having issues. 

In the example, as you add a table from the drop down list, and then if you choose a column from that table, the string should automatically be populated with your choices.  if you see my example below, I selected the h_itsm_requests table and this was automatically added, as was the user definable prompt, and column I am about to select. 

Do you not see this when you are populating the values? 

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 19.53.03.png

Regards

Steve

Hi Tony,

I was trying to have a look to see if I could replicate your issue.  In your screen shot it lists Requests, Owner, RaisedBy, Owner, etc which are visible in the first pick list for the selection of the table.  I have the same list.   If you select Requests here and then in the next pick list below, you should see the columns which are the options that are visible in Steve's screen shot above.

I seemed to get the Report Definition Error when I changed from an Entity to Database Schema report.  I'll look into this but it may be a valid error as I had defined a filter under one type of report and then when I changed to the other type, the filter was no longer valid.

• 3 months later...