Linking Sites incorrectly

jameswsouthall

Hi,

We've recently noticed that when raising tickets the users sites aren't being linked correctly. We have roughly 17 sites in our instance and all users are configured for their correct site using LDAP import. At the end of each Capture Process there is a step for linking a Site (not mandatory).

The problem we've got is during the Capture Process/raising of a ticket the Site stage is finding the correct site for the user, we click Link.

Ticket is created, we then view said ticket and in the Details of the ticket the site has switched from the users correct site to another site (which in our instance is "All Sites").

If we click the edit details button the Sites drop down then reflects the correct site for the user, if we then close the details it switches back to "All Sites".

While editing the Sites in the details if we click the dropdown it only shows 4 out of the 17 sites.

Not sure exactly when this started but I did update Service Manager recently.

I have attached a zip file with several screenshots.

Sites.zip

Guest Chaz

Hi James,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue, we've raised an issue for development to investigate: PM00141190

Any update to this please? I am unable to display site info for this weeks report. I need stats to show me what sites are logging the most tickets and without this functionality currently I am unable to supply the board or my director anything.

Guest Chaz

Hi Andy,

We're looking into it, but as for the number of results it is limited to the sites associated to the company that the customer of the request is linked to.

Can I just ask how you're collecting this data, are you going into each request and checking the site information? You should be able to get this from the request list or by using the Reporting functionality in the admin tool for now.

Hi James

Following our conversation earlier the developers have found an issue and a fix will be available in our next release of Service Manager, hopefully next week.

Just to give you some context here.

We introduced functionality a few updates back which allowed you to within your organisational structure associate specific sites to specific Company groups under your organisation. Now having looked at this you have a Company group of Hoare Lea which all your users are assigned too. In some organisations there is a need for multiple Companies to be defined and each of these Companies may have their own specific set of sites associated to them.

On the request form the logic should only show sites specific to the company which the request is logged against, in your case this would always be Hoare Lea.On investigation it appears that All Sites, datacente and Pune are in fact linked to the Hoare Lea company group and the other 14 sites are not. You are also seeing the Site for the specific customer.

We have identified an issue and this has been fixed and will be available shortly, as if no Sites are linked to any specific company grouping in your organisational structure then all Sites should be returned, now until this fix is released if you need to ensure all 17 sites are visible from the Sites pick list on the requests you can associate each site to the Hoare Lea company grouping (this is a short term suggestion until the release is available).

You can associate these from the admin tool. Home > System > Organisational Data > Sites and under each Site populate the Company field.

post-2671-0-67404500-1463666002.png

This should then allow you to see all sites on the request sites option, assuming all your staff are linked to that company group. Once the fix is applied you can remove the sites from the company group and they will still appear on the request list.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

Has the above update/fix been released yet? 

The reason I'm asking is because I applied the short term fix as suggested above but this only seems to be partially working at the moment. I have selected the company property for each site but for some reason our Birmingham users are showing as Abu Dhabi.

Once the tickets have been raised if you look for said ticket in the "Request List" the correct site is showing under the Site column. If you go in to the ticket and look at the details it is showing as Abu Dhabi.

Any help would be appreciated, feel free to call me again if you need anymore info.

Thanks,

James

Guest Chaz

Hi James,

We spent a bit of time looking at sites last week and this scenario should be sorted. Look out for 2.27 which we've just started putting through our testing cycle. It should be with you within a week.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to say this but we are still having this problem - Birmingham users are showing the linked site as Abu Dhabi when viewing a ticket - if you click edit details it then shows Birmingham and if you look at the Request List page they are showing as Birmingham in the Site column.

All sites are now configured/linked to our company Organisation Unit, everything appears to be working apart from when you view a ticket. A few other sites are doing it but the Birmingham one is the most consistent.

See screenshot of our Service Manager version, is this the latest one which should have fixed this?

Sites.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi James,

apologies for the lack of updates. We made some changes around the visibility of sites when editing a request, which looked like it would sort the issue out as there may have been a mismatch of data. Sadly that hasn't sorted the issue for you but we're looking into it as we speak and I'll update as soon as I have some more information.

James,

just letting you know we found the specific scenario that was causing this issue. We've made some changes to how this all works and will include a fix in our next release which should be with you early next week.