Fix for Assets 2.24

Tina.Lapere

Hi, would someone please expand on these points please:

FIX: Customer's Assets not shown in the request details page

FIX: Can't associate assets to a request

I've updated the system but I still can't see the assets that are linked to Customers via a Request.

Many thanks

Tina

Hi Tina

The first point prevented you from being able to associate a customer's assets with a request. You should now be able to search for assets again using the Assets action.

The second point addressed an issue that prevented searching in some cases.

To see a customer's assets against a request, they need to be associated first.

Hope that helps!

A user needs to be the owner or the user of the asset (Owned by or Used by) to show up against them in the search. Having said that, you also have the option to search all so that any asset can be found.

To see an asset against a request, it needs to be associated to it.

OK, that's what I thought.

I am user (my name in the Used by field) but when I log a call (I'm the Customer) and I click on the asset button it comes up and says 'Customer of this request doesn't have any associated Assets'

I'm guessing I should see my asset?

Does your progressive capture include a customer form before the asset form? I can replicate it if I leave that out (it assumes the current user as the customer/raised by). Have raised this with development.

• 1 month later...

Hi Tina,

with regards to this thread, we haven't been able to identify any issue in presenting/selecting the customers assets on the "Asset Details" form at the point of logging a request through progressive capture or when searching to associate assets to a request via the Asset Action button. Customers assets are returned in this area also.

As cchana indicates, for an asset to appear under "Customers Assets" in the progressive capture form, they must be associated to a user via the "Used By" or "Owned By" asset attribute fields. These are part of the general asset attributes. if you want to see how many currently have users associated you could run a report or query the table "h_cmdb_assets" via Database Direct in Hornbill Administration.

Based on you current success plan, this entitles you to raise an issue directly with support so if you still feel you are experiencing a technical problem I would advise you pursue it further through that channel. 

Hope that helps,

Dan

• Guest locked and unlocked this topic

Hi Dan

I've just had another look at it and when I look at an existing call I am now able to see the Customer Assets.  (We don't have it within a progressive capture as deemed it not needed)  Not sure what has changed but this certainly wasn't displaying them when I logged this on the portal.

All working now though.

Thank you

Tina