Search Widget is a different height to other widgets

Sam P

I've tried so many combinations of this widget configuration that I don't have any options left!  I want the Search widget to be the same height as the Links widget.

When the Search widget is on a row of its own, its around 105px high.  With my configuration, the Links widget above it sits around 123px (I have also noticed that the gap between the Search widget is different to the gaps of other widgets)

image.thumb.png.21a8cdb8b1520e90b67a3b6e64f5e0d8.png

This is fine, but I only want the Search widget to take up 50% of the width of the page.  When I change the width of both of them to 2 blocks, the height of the Search widget increases to around 148px and is now taller than the Links widget (the gap between widgets has also now reduced back to normal), regardless of the size of the image in the Links:

image.thumb.png.1aa9ccced6ea88d78fb4875d64386448.png

To further test this, I set the Links to 1 block wide, and the Search to 3 blocks wide, and the Search box STILL ends up bigger than the Links box (regardless of whether or not Use Content Height is ticked):

image.thumb.png.1279801aac448b32bf0d3557644270ee.png

I just want them all to sit pretty at the same height on the same row - can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance

Thanks @Sam P,

Perhaps the problem is not the search widget but the one next to it. Looks like is a Links Widget? Right? Is one that has two links? Perhaps that is the one that needs ticking the "Use content height"? Because it expands to match the Search one.

Daniel

image.png

Hi @Sam P,

Thank you for taking the time too take the screenshots. 

I was able to replicate a similar scenario to yours. I found a few issues with the links widget that if using it in a small amount of links making it one single row, the different is noticeable.

image.png

1. The link item has a margin at the bottom that takes some extra pixels.
  2. The list of items adds an extra margin at the bottom.
  3. The Search widget when use din two columns shows in a single column.

All of these will be fixed and should look like this:

image.png

In both cases I'm using the Content Height - Checked. That will take the minimum size available in relation to the next widget in the same row.

I'll keep you updated when this done.

Thank you,

Daniel

• Like 1