workflow on imported jobs?

billster

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Ahhh formatting issue! although at first glance it seems right, it is not you need the following :) you can use this for formatting patterns, PHP: date - Manual

image.png.fe70063238db756fd0a3b34076b1c146.png

Yesss, I was reading the PHP manual last night before I signed out. shame there is no dd/mm/yyyy format, but I've gone with this instead which is easy to read.

F j, Y, g:i a // March 10, 2001, 5:16 pm

@Steve Giller

@Jim

hmm just noticed something weird.....

I have two "get user" Hornbill Automations

Each with either own unique names.... analystGet and customerGet.

Analyst get is used to get the user information from H Custom C which is the Analyst's employee ID. And Customer get is used in the same way by H Custom B instead.

But... when I call results from the analystGet Hornbill Automation, it returns customerGet instead??? 

is this a bug? or can you only have one of these automations per flow??? 

image.png.9827cf2d14333bbcd9092c66f1c2e5a8.pngimage.png.241aefc1b09b52c0405d73571ee63885.png

image.png.53d9d09feb303bca85e19318a41df62e.png

you may find it easier to copy the output parameter from the node itself rather than the pickers, for example copy these except for your function: What you have done is absolutely right as it differentiates the output parameter for the same function, However when using the variable picker you will see the 'display values' whereas the below you would see the specific nodes output field changes based on your 'resultReference'

image.png.d8f02b76ffa41f9af118f3e2a58cee31.png

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

you may find it easier to copy the output parameter from the node itself rather than the pickers, for example copy these except for your function: What you have done is absolutely right as it differentiates the output parameter for the same function, However when using the variable picker you will see the 'display values' whereas the below you would see the specific nodes output field changes based on your 'resultReference'

image.png.d8f02b76ffa41f9af118f3e2a58cee31.png

Hiya Jim - yes tried this but still the same results... :( 

hmm, Is everything before this correct?  so custom C contains the correct information and Custom B? are we also getting request information after these values are set and not before? 

I am guessing that these are being set by the import, when updating the description could you show the variables that are there? failing this I'm not too sure why its not working 

The variable displayed in your screenshot is from a node with e Result Reference of getRequestInformation, which is the default value for a Get Request Information -> Request Details node.

I don't know where it's getting the data from, but it's not coming from either of your Get User Details nodes.

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

hmm, Is everything before this correct?  so custom C contains the correct information and Custom B? are we also getting request information after these values are set and not before? 

I am guessing that these are being set by the import, when updating the description could you show the variables that are there? failing this I'm not too sure why its not working 

Yes, everything is correct. these are mapped through the import config file.

image.png.86ceaad362080fcb6e955536940d8260.png

if I return h_custom_c on its own, it returns the right thing. For some reason, just the Owner thing is not working.

2 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

The variable displayed in your screenshot is from a node with e Result Reference of getRequestInformation, which is the default value for a Get Request Information -> Request Details node.

I don't know where it's getting the data from, but it's not coming from either of your Get User Details nodes.

hi Steve, I am using Get Request Information to load the data from the custom fields.

The application context is different in those 2 nodes btw, one is core and one is service manager, @Steve Giller that was my screenshot as an example of copying the out parameters not anything that is in use.

When you are writing the values to the description, where you have shown them in the screenshot the one you have redacted what are the parameter references in there?

1 minute ago, Jim said:

The application context is different in those 2 nodes btw, one is core and one is service manager, @Steve Giller that was my screenshot as an example of copying the out parameters not anything that is in use.

tbh I noticed that and changed it but it didnt make any difference. 

When you are writing the values to the description, where you have shown them in the screenshot the one you have redacted what are the parameter references in there?

They are shown on the actual incident page

3 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

Oh, right, I get you, so:

What does that mean?

Like, if I update the incident description, and put the call references from analystGet (Get User Details Automation node) it displays data from customerGet (Get User Details Automation Node).

so, if I paste this &[global["flowcoderefs"]["analystGet"]["name"]] into the description of the incident. It gives me the name from &[global["flowcoderefs"]["customerGet"]["name"]]

e.g. like &[global["flowcoderefs"]["customerGet"]["name"]] = Markus

And &[global["flowcoderefs"]["analystGet"]["name"]] = Billy

But when I paste &[global["flowcoderefs"]["analystGet"]["name"]] it shows as Markus

So they look correct which would point more towards an issue with the 'cached information', maybe run it, overwrite their respective custom values to the new information, and then the next one do the same so its sequential and print the custom fields after a new get req info node 

7 minutes ago, Jim said:

So they look correct which would point more towards an issue with the 'cached information', maybe run it, overwrite their respective custom values to the new information, and then the next one do the same so its sequential and print the custom fields after a new get req info node 

yipeee..looks to be working now...i put it inside of parallel processing nodes.

image.thumb.png.eb26d233c8600aa79f9a6afeae30dbb2.png

• Haha 1

I'd suggest:

• Get the data for "customerGet"
  • Post that to the Timeline
  • Get the date for "analystGet"
  • Post both results to the Timeline

That will at least confirm what you're getting from the "customerGet" and whether it's overwritten by the "analystGet"