Board improvement request

Ashley

Change Management Board

I recently saw that the board can now have its Lanes sorted by Date entered lane and Date created. This is fine, but for my needs I would like to put in a request to have the ability to sort a lane by a chosen custom field (ie I have custom_22 which is a date field).

Also on a refresh is it possible to keep the previous order chosen for the lane as is and not reset the order by what ever the underlying logic is.

Hope this is possible.

Thanks

Ashley

I've tagged this as an enhancement for you.

Please note that this does not mean that it will be accepted, but the Board Manager Developers will see this post and consider the Enhancement.

I've also moved this to the Board Manager forum.

It won't be possible to order by a field in the request, BoardManager is a separate application to Service Manager and unless the data is made available to boards when the card is created, e.g. in the BPM add card operation, the Board application won't be able to use it for sorting.  Currently this would only be possible by mapping the custom field into the title of the card. 

Ok, thanks for the reply.  

I'll look in to 'Currently this would only be possible by mapping the custom field into the title of the card. '.  Any suggestions on how I can best approach this would be good, thanks.

Regards the bug though it happened again today and meant I had to start a new browser session during a CAB meeting just so I could look at a change that had disappeared from the Board ( it was there at the beginning of the meeting, but later a blank box appeared instead of it).  Fingers crossed this gets resolved.  Thanks.