Enhancement - Configure customer timeline update to go from the catalog item/service default mailbox (for orgs with multiple shared mailboxes)

JanS2000

Morning, I raised a support ticket for this after posting on the forums, but I've been advised the following:

"Our team have investigated and we can confirm that the timeline updates are being sent from the guest.app.requests.notification.emailMailbox configuration setting and the default mailbox set in the service is not being considered for these updates specifically.

The team have advised that fort this to be changed an Enhancement request will need to be completed on the forums."

I find it strange that this hasn't already been considered and wonder if other orgs that use more than one mailbox don't realise this. Could this be put through as an enhancement please? Thanks.

I've tagged this as an Enhancement for you and I am aware that the developers are discussion this option.

As always, this does not guarantee any changes, but keep an eye on the forums and the Roadmap in Hornbill's Admin section for any updates.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

@Steve Giller is there any update on this please?

We are considering onboarding another department and it is important that all emails and system notifications/timeline updates come from the department shared mailbox and not the IT Service mailbox.

Thanks.

I've chased this internally @Estie

Mail is sent from the Service's Default Mailbox, except for the automated Customer emails set in the Service Portfolio:
image.png
If this is an issue, these can, of course, be disabled.

Mail sent by the Business Process has a parameter to specify the mailbox, so will not be affected.

37 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

I've chased this internally @Estie

Mail is sent from the Service's Default Mailbox, except for the automated Customer emails set in the Service Portfolio:
image.png
If this is an issue, these can, of course, be disabled.

Mail sent by the Business Process has a parameter to specify the mailbox, so will not be affected.

Thanks @Steve Giller 

- Where do the automated Customer emails set in the Service Portfolio get sent from?
- Are these automated Customer emails the same as the timeline updates?
- Is this enhancement request being considered and/or worked on?