Reports and joins

Jim

Is it possible at all to add custom columns to reports? I'm not referring to the custom fields available 

I want to add a literal to a report for example in a direct query I could write select 'test' as Test and it would create a column of Test with a value of test. 

is this possible at all as when I try for testing it seems to be ignored.

for example image.png.4903279468510466f9858e22556dc7bd.png

I don't think that's possible in reports, possibly because anything that's exactly the same every time would be redundant.

Can you explain what you're trying to achieve, as there might be a better way to approach it?

Like Steve said, it is not possible, though I would love to be able to add custom columns for the sake of convenience.

For example:

CONCAT('https://live.hornbill.com/<INSTANCE_ID>/servicemanager/request/view/', h_pk_reference) as REQUEST_LINK

But it is definitely not possible at the moment in the way that you described.

So I would +1 this as an enhancement request.

• Like 1

Hi @Steve Giller,

it's mainly a Partner we send the reports too that they wanted an extra field to state the contact type so they could import directly to their system. It's not something I'm willing to use a custom field on a request for when its the same data over and over to be repeated for each account type essentially