Customer timeline update email going from the wrong shared mailbox

JanS2000

Morning, and Merry Christmas!

We recently set up a new shared mailbox for another department that's coming on board, and during testing, updates made on a request are generating the customer timeline update email, but it's sending them "from" the wrong shared mailbox. The service has the right mailbox set as default, and all other emails, including the assigned to analyst email, goes from the new one as expected. 

I wondered if anyone else had had a similar issue at all and if so, how it was resolved.

Thanks

Janet

On 28/12/2023 at 16:11, Steve Giller said:

Do all the analysts supporting that Service have the correct rights to the Mailbox?

Morning @Steve Giller, Happy New Year! Yes, they do all have the correct rights as far as I can tell. When using the email function within a request, that goes from the new mailbox fine and all other email updates generated in the life span of a request work, it's just the timeline updates that aren't going from the right one. 

Morning, I raised a support ticket, but I've just been advised the following:

"Our team have investigated and we can confirm that the timeline updates are being sent from the guest.app.requests.notification.emailMailbox configuration setting and the default mailbox set in the service is not being considered for these updates specifically.

The team have advised that fort this to be changed an Enhancement request will need to be completed on the forums."

I find it strange that this hasn't already been considered and wonder if other orgs that use more than one mailbox don't realise this. How do I submit an enhancement request for it?

@Steve Giller

• Like 1

Hi Jan - I think you just tag this post with enhancement and someone from Hornbill normally picks it up and confirms if it is viable. We have only recently introduced a second mailbox and I have noted the same issue, I just have not had a chance to raise it here on the forum. So +1 from me for allowing updates to be sent from the related mailbox on the service - thanks !

• Thanks 1