SLA targets: use defined working hours to show days

AlexOnTheHill

While developing a new set of SLAs I encountered the necessary calculation to work out the correct number of days and was able to revise my count of hours and days accordingly.

Given that we already define what a working day is can we add the ability to see the number of days based on our working hours?

When talking through the new targets for each of the priorities and request types it is hard to tell what any figure means without additional calculation.

I presume the reason for this is that users may be operating on different working time calendars but I still think there should be a way to link the two.

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/12/2023 at 09:20, AlexOnTheHill said:

iven that we already define what a working day is

Turns out that this is the exact issue that is blocking what you're asking for.
Where the WTC is Mon-Fri, 9-5 (or similarly structured) this is a straightforward issue, but what if the WTC is Mon-Thu, 8:30-5:30; Fri 9:00-4:00; and Sat 9:00-12:00?
What is a "Working Day" now?
Do we go with an average, or the "normal" working day, or some complex calcuation based on 4 full, 1 nearly full, and one half (ish) day?

Hi Steve,

Thank you for continuing to look into this.

This complication already exists with the current calculation, the difference here is that if we start a timer we know where on the working calendar we are to account for working days which have different durations.

My thoughts are that this would require a more complex calculation, perhaps if the WTC defined per day what each organisation defined as a day it would simplify matters ie

Mon-Thu, 8:30-5:30 (1WD)

Fri 9:00-4:00 (1WD)

Sat 9:00-12:00 (1/3WD)