Timesheet Default Category / Sub Category and Request Type

Luke

Hello,

I'd like to understand what the below (circled in red) request type default category options are supposed to do in Timesheet Manager / Service Manager, and haven't yet found a specific answer in the Wiki or Forums or from testing, can anybody shed any light? Or point me to an article I may have missed? (or have I broken the process by orphaning data as per further info below?)

image.png.e0c14b600a805ad79649bedba1c9efba.png

I've found relevant instructions and managed to associate Service Manager actions with a default category and sub category using the below entries, but it appears you still can't have different default categories set based on request type?

(as per this topic https://community.hornbill.com/topic/16550-managing-default-categories/)

image.thumb.png.9b906f2232df175466fda72f80073186.png

I've also managed to orphan some records in the h_timesheet_default_category table by deleting some categories and sub categories that never got past initial testing years ago, I'm not sure if support are going to look at this as I raised a support ticket with details of the data but have to post here first…

This is an example record in h_timesheet_default_category, there are no records in h_timesheet_category with h_id 20 and 22 since I had a tidy up, could this be affecting functionality of the request type default categories?

image.thumb.png.88c995cd1c6bb63bf849d4952acd9b91.png

I’ve already spent a few hours searching / reading through forum posts including these which are useful, but don’t answer my questions:

https://community.hornbill.com/topic/18975-adding-timesheet-catagories-how/

https://community.hornbill.com/topic/12551-default-categories-scope/

Any further info or links to forum posts I haven’t found from searching would be very welcome 😊

Thanks,

Luke

• 4 weeks later...

@Luke

As I understand it, the Default Time Categories is a flat non-structured configuration, so to set a default at the 'Request Type' level each Request Type has an entry to set this. I think this was from the very first initial implementation. Then with Service Manager development progressing the same configuration file added default settings at the 'Request Action' stages, which in essence take precedence over the higher level 'Request Type' ones.

We have chosen to configure these down to the 'Request Action' stage and can confirm the defaults are picked up in Service Manager when Time Recording is enabled on the Request Type on Service Portfolio.

Cheers

Martyn

image.png.898e3d5e2a6bc0921d88bae779e000c6.png

image.thumb.png.f2a98abb087b15416bfd1c0788cc7c8f.png

image.thumb.png.3e887858eb36bfa0309a1ab36ad4f40f.png