Team Lead Notifications for High Priority Requests

AlexOnTheHill

Hello,

I have been asked to look at the possibility of notifying Team Leaders when a request is logged as a High priority.

I have explained how I would be able to do this within a workflow but there is a risk that the notification would not be sent depending on where the request is in its flow. For example, if a request were reopened and reprioritised it would have moved past the point where the priority was checked.

I could similarly create a button for High Priority which defines the priority but also emails the Team Leaders with the details of the request.

I have suggested creating a custom view showing all high priority requests, I have also suggested a daily report email flagging high priority requests.

Are there any more elegant solutions for this where I can say whenever the prioritisation is set to high regardless of where a request is in the flow that the team lead gets a Hornbill or Email notification?

Updating the workflows would be a large piece of work to undertake and still have the possibility of reprioritised requests not generating notifications or indeed counter to that, incorrectly prioritised requests generating too many notifications.

Is there anything here I haven't considered? What would the recommended practice be here?

@AlexOnTheHill I would use the SLA Escalation Events, lets say high priority is 2 hours response time, set the escalation event to email 2 hours before response time (making it almost notify when it's logged) This will take the automation a level higher than the workflows and hopefully achieve what you require 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jim said:

I would use the SLA Escalation Events, lets say high priority is 2 hours response time, set the escalation event to email 2 hours before response time (making it almost notify when it's logged)

Did you have to do anything special to get this working? Each time I look into this, over the years, I've tried to set this functionality up, exactly the way you described but nothing fires :(

@samwoo I've not actually done this myself only a theory if I was to implement it, 

One thing I would probably do though is give it an extra 5 minutes so if the response time is 2 hours, tell it to notify 1hr and 55 minutes before the response time, just to allow it time to generate the event? 

I also have no idea how this would behave if a priority was changed on an already existing request? but on previous alerts for SLA apparently all it does it tell the process to generate the event, so it may only work on new requests and if you were to change it, it would only take affect on new requests as the event will already exist on existing request

But, always a big difference between theory and practise?