Custom Fields In Request Details Pane

will.good

Hi,

Is there a way we can show / hide fields in the details pane by catalog item? I think this is currently done by service.

We have a few different request types in one of our services where we would like to utilise custom fields, but obviously are restricted with the labelling of these. Also when editing details it gives the user the option to add 'custom' info on to fields that are not meant for that catalog item

Hi Will, 

I believe that at the moment the Details pane is only configurable at the Service level rather than at the catalogue level. To circumvent this issue we create multiple services to allow us to tailor the details pane without having the issue of multiple custom values differing from catalogue to catalogue. I did initially try to share the fields with 2 descriptions but found it was easier to just create a service for each catalogue instead.

If we were able to configure the Details at the catalogue level it would alleviate the same issue for us.  

Many thanks

Adrian

@will.good you could do something with your Workflows.

• Imagine you have Custom fields A and B added to your Details Form for Service X, you can set them to be only visible when populated
  • You disable the Edit of the Details section for relevant Workflows and, instead, the Workflow adds a Human Task for your analysts to update the relevant information
  • Your BPM can detect which catalog item the Request was created through and divert the text entered in the Human Task to the correct field in the Details section (A or B )
  • The appropriate field shows in the details section as it's now populated
  • Your Human Task can be on a loop and always re-present itself after it's been used so further updates can be made (overwrite or append in each case) until a second outcome button of "no more updates" is used

Because Workflow has the ability to lock or unlock the Details section you could set-up two Custom Buttons that run Autotasks to Lock / Unlock the Details section. Trusted users who know to select the correct fields for that type could be given that ability to edit directly and would not see the Human Task version above (Workflow could find them as the Owner and not present the Human Tasks).

Just ideas in case useful.

I would NOT want the forms to be customisable per cat item; it's bad enough with 100 services having to manually reconfigure them one by one for 100 services let alone 500 cat items!