Automate email to customers manager

lee mcdermott

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can configure a decision in the BP (workflow) to email a customers manager if the manager field is populated but if it is not populated send an email based on a field that is populated on the capture form?

Basically not all users in the system (syncs with our AD) has the manager field populated. So if it is populated that is fine i can configure the Hornbill automation node to send an email to the manager. But  if it turns out the customers manager is not populated in hornbill it isnt going to send any email so I thought a decision node might work but no idea how to configure it or if this in fact would work?

I want it to send to manager but if the field is blank it will email based on a field populated on the form instead.

thanks

lee

@lee mcdermott you should be able to do that check in the workflow

If you use a Hornbill Automation > Request > Get Request Info > Customer Information node and follow this by a decision node, you can add two expressions

image.png

image.png

image.png

This will check if there is a Manager name held against the record of the customer of the request

You can then use the workflow to use the email address of the manager if one exists, but if not use the information from your capture form.

Hope that helps