[ISSUE] With the Create New User Hornbill Automation and Hornbill/Admin/Create a New User iBridge in the BPM

samwoo

In our New Starter Process, we initially used the Hornbill/Admin/Create a New User iBridge to create Hornbill Accounts after the relevant fields were populated from both when the ticket was logged and a Human Task prior to that to capture the User ID once the Support Team has set them up in Active Directory and the Exchange. Once the Hornbill account is created, the relevant roles and company is assigned to the new user Hornbill account and then the account is created as a connection to the ticket. (Yes we've taken into account if someone is a returner rather than a new starter, and the flow has been catering for that too).

This has been working for over 6 months, but suddenly yesterday and today, all our New Starter requests have been failing at the Create Connection part of the step. It turns out that the iBridge node was no longer creating any Hornbill Accounts, which is causing the Create Connection node to fail since the New Starter doesn't exist in Hornbill.
image.thumb.png.28ca7a93423182c8d38d70be17eb0725.png

I couldn't find any error details anyway in the logs, nor could I find a way to extract the outputs of the iBridge node to timeline (I could only capture if the status is errored, and it was erroring).

I then used the Hornbill Automation equivalent of the Create New User node, and it is also not creating the User Accounts as well.
image.thumb.png.0d9bae0863c5e8ba2ba992a3dde16f64.png

This has resulted in 7 New Starter Requests failing, with two non-related Tasks being cancelled (this makes absolutely no sense as these Tasks are another part of the parallel process... they shouldn't have been cancelled......)

The workaround for this issue is to create the Hornbill accounts manually and restart the process, but because the other Tasks are cancelled, it has completely messed everything up.

For now I will advise the Tech Support Team to create the User Accounts in Hornbill before they progress with the Task where the following node "attempts" to create the User account.

image.thumb.png.d5111365a14e01ecc27adde84416a20b.png

ps. don't worry about the password being "password" - I have been testing to see if that could be an issue or not, and it isn't.

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon,

Any thoughts to this one? Since I logged the issue, I've advised the team to create new users in Hornbill manually and process them as a returner for now as a workaround until this issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Samuel

• 3 months later...

Good morning,

This is still an issue for us. Has anyone else got any issues with the Create User node or iBridge function?

The workaround we currently have is to create the user in Hornbill first, then process them as a New Starter.

I can confirm that all the necessary fields required for creating a user account has the relevant values in them (they set as Custom Fields before the Create User node grabs the request details from the custom fields), but it just doesn't create a new user at all, and we get no error messages.

Thanks,

Samuel

On 18/07/2023 at 10:14, samwoo said:

This has resulted in 7 New Starter Requests failing, with two non-related Tasks being cancelled (this makes absolutely no sense as these Tasks are another part of the parallel process... they shouldn't have been cancelled......)

If a node within a Parallel Process fails the Workflow cannot be restarted, so all Tasks will be cancelled. This is by design.

Hi @Steve Giller,

I am very aware of that, it's just that the Add Connection node is failing in the parallel process, because the user account is not being created by the Hornbill automations / iBridge node that is designed for creating user accounts in Hornbill.

We don't get any error messages when it gets to the Create User nodes and the same thing happens for the iBridge version as well, the user does not get created, yet we get no error message.

image.png.8822cf1cbdade6dad3404b548f2e4285.png

Then it hits the Add Connection node and everything falls over, simply because the user doesn't exist in Hornbill (despite the Workflow going through that node)

This is the reason for having to implement a workaround to manually create the user in Hornbill first and process them as a returner.

Thanks,

Samuel