Asset Management

Jim

Hi, 

I'm curious as to the benefits of the status' Active, Current and Archived and how other people use them. Mainly interested in the 'Archived' ..this doesn't seem to actually archive assets? and further down the line once an assets lifecycle is complete are we to just change there status or should we be deleting them? what are the benefits of either and particularly considering storage? 

We have used Translations to change the labels to something more meaningful for us and also configured a number of sub-states under each.

We never delete an asset as it shows the last recorded info plus also we can add WEEE code etc. We just move it to Archived (translated to Retired for us). As you say it doesn't actually Archive them in any sense.

With regard to Storage - I have no idea.

Hi @Frank Reay Thank you for the response, the translations is what I was looking into doing but I can't find the correct one for the life of me, I don't suppose you could send me that path? I tried querying assets, current, archived etc and nothing relevant returned in the translations

In our experience, you rarely want to delete an asset, even if it has reached the end of its lifecycle.

You'll still want to record where the asset is even if it is no longer in use.

We use the archived status and then have sub statues underneath for lost, stolen, retired, disposed etc.

For example, any item that is in stock, but not yet placed with an end user we would record as current, and as we have integrations with Lan Sweeper and other monitoring tools, it will automatically move into Active in Use, once the device has been logged into.

I hope that information helps.