Asset Management module - adding in drop down field

Adith

Hi Team,

I have 2 questions here regarding Asset Management module, 

• In the Asset Management module under General Asset Information, is there anyway to change free text fields to drop downs to avoid numerous naming conventions being added when adding an Asset manually?
  • In the Asset Management module, is there anyway the Asset tag field can be moved from financial information to the General Asset Information field?

Regards

Adith

On 7/11/2023 at 12:31 PM, Adith said:

In the Asset Management module under General Asset Information, is there anyway to change free text fields to drop downs to avoid numerous naming conventions being added when adding an Asset manually?

As far as I am aware the type of input is determined by the data type of the field you're populating, so a free text field will always allow you to type freely.
I've tagged this as an Enhancement so that Development can consider allowing a setting that would enable you to attach a Free Text field to a Simple List so that you could specify the options.
(Please note that this is no indication that it will become part of the product.)

On 7/11/2023 at 12:31 PM, Adith said:

In the Asset Management module, is there anyway the Asset tag field can be moved from financial information to the General Asset Information field?

This is a No, I'm afraid.

The General Asset Information is for information that would apply to all assets, and an Asset Tag does not fit into this classification.

@Steve Giller - Thanks for marking it as an Enhancement request Steve. I will let my team know that Asset Tag can't be classified into Financial Information's.

Also, would like to ask if there is any way to create a live stock view? An alternative to a virtual stock room.

I'm not sure what you're asking for on this.

From "a virtual stock room" I'm wondering if you're talking about Assets that are configured and ready to deploy but not currently in use?

If so, creating a view filtering on relevant fields (e.g. Operational State, Used By, Functional Availability etc.) might achieve this.