Re-Open Resolved Ticket on Update of any kind

Osman

Afternoon All,

I have been having a little look around and have found allusions but no clear solutions. At the moment, all tickets Resolved will not automatically reopen when a user responds to an email. Looking at the BPM, this looks to be intentional as we have a timer that only waits for a Status change. There is a node available for Suspending until Request Update. I have looked through the documentation and can't find a definition for what constitutes and Update. Would this include an email response? Also, is there any reason we would not reopen on user response? 

Thanks

Osman

47 minutes ago, Osman said:

Would this include an email response?

No. An update is a Request Action - and will show as "Update" in the Timeline:
image.png

Using Request Substatuses will allow you to set the following in the Service Portfolio:
image.png

which will change the status when an email update is applied.

More details are available on the Request Sub-statuses page.
You may also with to review the Service Details page and its related pages.

• 3 months later...

hi @Steve Giller

re above just looking into something similar myself. once resolved i have set sub status to "x" in the BPM 

service portfolio mentions relevant functions 

image.thumb.png.5e83b986827402ea985373ff5bc5d66b.png

im unclear what the BPM should show to enable a request to be reopened once a reply is received to a resolution email.

i suspect it would be suspend > wait for request update / wait for request email or something of this kind and if successful update to status open and wait for resolution again, if expired etc continue the BPM process.

whatever i have tried just doesnt seem to be working. any help would be great note i do not necessarily want to place the request on hold pending a response, on resolution and a email recipient replying, it would be preferable for the status to change from resolved to open 

i have tried a number of different variations re the below just cannot get it to work as intended

image.thumb.png.ab058af39479d26cdd8c9ba03e9faaa0.png

any help would be fantastic

Thanks steve, i have just tried this

updated BPM node to the below 

image.png.31a3ffb5001e7f467197dd3d4cc8ee98.png

sub status is added to pending update

** automatically opens the log again before a response has been provided **

its as though because the request status is not on hold it automatically kicks in and moves back to open without waiting for a request update

image.png