Created by team

Alisha

Good afternoon,

Please could we have an option for 'Created by team' so we can use that in Decisions in Business Processes? At the moment, I'm having to enter all the User IDs.

This would be useful for reporting as well so we don't have to enter User IDs each time, and having to maintain the list in different places every time someone leaves/joins.

Many thanks,
Alisha

@Alisha I'm afraid I still don't have an understanding of how you'd expect this to work.
There is no concept of a default team against a User, and how would you address the scenario where User A is in Teams A, B, and C - and raises two Requests one after the other, first as a member of Team A and then as a member of Team C?

If we were able to have a 'default team', then the User would only create requests against that default team.

We are only members of other teams so we can help out other teams but we wouldn't need to raise requests as members of those teams, only our 'default team'.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alisha said:

We are only members of other teams so we can help out other teams but we wouldn't need to raise requests as members of those teams, only our 'default team'.

Are all of your Basic Users and Contacts (if you use them) in Teams as well? I'm not sure that enforcing (as we would have to in order to prevent accessing a value that otherwise wouldn't exist) this for every User and Contact in every Instance would be a practical option.

For this requirement having an option in the Capture to input the Team would be a way forward, or getting the Customer Details of the Created By User, and using that to establish the Team, possibly by a Custom Field against the User.

Hi @Steve Giller,

None of our Basic Users and Contacts are in Teams, only our Users are members of Teams. If we are logging a request for a customer, we shouldn't need to specify our Team in the Capture as the request is for the customer and not us. Being able to set a default team for our Users would be really helpful.

How would we get the Customer Details of the Created By User if the analyst is logging the request?

Many thanks,
Alisha