Placing a change request on hold until activity completion

Hello,

I've been working on developing a BP which currently places a change request on hold until its scheduled completion date.

That works perfectly well but I'd prefer it place the request on hold until the completion date OR when the associated activity is completed, whichever is sooner.

I wouldn't want a change request to be held indefinitely if the change activity assignee fails to complete the task.

What would be the best way to achieve that? I've tried to look for 'hold until activity completion' or 'hold until activity completion date' but I'm pretty sure I'm going about it the wrong way.

Your recommendations would be appreciated.

image.png

Set the time in the On Hold node as normal - if the Task is performed the Take Off Hold node (Set Status -> Open) will immediately take effect, if not the Request will come off hold at the prescribed time.

Note: If the Request comes off hold before the Task is completed the Workflow will still be suspended awaiting the Task outcome, so you will need to cater for that - the logical option here is setting the Task with an expiry.

• Like 1