Customer portal - can we update a custom field for Site in a contact record?

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

We have added a custom data field to our external customers (contacts) who are using our customer portal (still couldn't see an area for customer portal on the forum so this is under Employee portal).

This custom field is capturing their site from an offered list, and what I then wanted to do is update the custom field data in the customers contact records under a new custom field I have added under Extra Details. However I could not see if there is any automation's for this in a BPM - ideally I want the customer to register / request access for ACP and then update this site field in their contact within the BPM when raised. Is this possible? I could see options to update a customer profile / record but nothing for a contact record?

If this is not possible is this something that could be investigated to add as an enhancement please? We are looking to expand our external portal offerings to a larger audience, and being able to capture their site in the request and update this in their contact record would be very beneficial for us, as it would allow for reporting / tracking of access by Site and Organisation. We already have the Organisation to filter by, but a person can work for an organisation but be on a variety of differing sites.

Many thanks

Adrian