Search Results in top Search Bar - no date filters on Results

Claire Holtham

Morning, this may be an enhancement suggestion (or I may be missing a setting somewhere).

When we use the top search box to search for requests and the criteria is wide e.g.

image.png.f52ab6d458507ab02ea22d3813ed3861.png

You end up with pages and pages of results. On this results page the Search results are not in date order, and there is no option to sort by date. 

I know there is a more sophisticated search in the request list, but this was specifically asked for by one of our users, and it seems a reasonable question. 

thanks!

Claire

Why would you search for SR* when you can set the type to Service Request?

Purely on the above example (which may not be the only use case) you would be far better off opening the User Record where all their Requests are visible, filterable, and sortable on the Service Manager tab.

Hi Steve, don't get me wrong, there are a lot of really useful areas to search in Service manager (against the service , against the user, in the request list, all are good) - I'm content to do some signposting to the other searches if that 'top' search does not have (and will not have) date ordering / date filtering against it. Is that what I should do? 

10 minutes ago, Claire Holtham said:

if that 'top' search does not have (and will not have) date ordering / date filtering against it

That actually depends.
If doesn't have ordering, but whether it has date filtering depends on what you are searching - for Requests and Documents it does not, for Workspaces it does.
The Request List View's advanced filters are by far the most effective search tool for Requests.