Device attributes enhancement in Asset Management

Damien Lynn

Hi, we'd like to suggest a product enhancement for “Owned By”, “Used By” and “Last logged in user” fields all currently being populated from same attribute in Asset Management - we'd like to be able to assign a different attribute to "Owned by" and "Last Logged in User" as the last logged in user is not necessarily the device owner but this is how it works as is.

Thanks
Damien

Hi Damien,

How are you populating these three fields? The Owned By (h_cmdb_assets->h_owned_by), Used By (h_cmdb_assets->h_used_by), and Last Logged in user (h_cmdb_assets_computer->h_last_logged_on) fields are all separate fields and the contents will depend on what has been mapped to each individual field as part of your import.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi James,
Having looked further it looks like all three fields in our config file are pointing to the same attribute, it was a colleague who set this up so I'm just trying to get my head around how it works but from the Asset Data Import Tool Wiki page I seen the section highlighted and assumed all 3 were populated by the same attribute and couldn't be set independently?
image.thumb.png.0d7fc1642207db4abeb7b1589b0fa93b.png
Thanks
Damien