SLA - Managing Analysists Shifts

Our IT team covers 8amto 6pm in the office, we have an early shift (8am-4:30pm & 9:30am-6pm).  The SLA we setup involves a "Response" within 1 hour, that response is technically just categorising the ticket.  Then the length of resolution varies depending on severity of ticket.  We have a small issue where an agent will finish work at 4:30pm, then receive tickets between 4:30pm and 6pm and miss the response target, similar issue in the morning.  The only way we know to combat this at the moment is for each agent to remember to update their status to Out of Office as they leave, or other agents keep a look out and help categories other peoples tickets.  Both of these work but rely on manual tasks.

Is there a clever way to help automate this? can hornbill link to the "Shifts App" within Microsoft Teams? or Outlook etc 

If you are using the "Round Robin" assignment in the Workflow then if Users ensure that they log out (not just close the Browser window) and the Include Offline Users parameter is set to No this will prevent Users being assigned Requests while they're not at work.

I appreciate this is still manual, but your Users may find this to be an easier action to remember than updating their Availability.

@Steve Preston

If you use the "Logged In" status of a user account, you will find this can be very unreliable if a) the users do not properly log out, or b) if the users have multiple logged in sessions, which you can prevent by enabling the disableMultiLogin system setting. 

You mentioned "Shifts App" within Microsoft Teams?  What would that give you that the current availability status options do not?  What I am wondering is, how we might consider improving the way availability status works to better facilitate "time windows" which is what I am guessing the Shifts App does?  Interested to know your thoughts?

Gerry

• 3 months later...

@Martin.bowman

The problem with setting status anything other than manually is it defeats the point of having a status in the first place.  Like you mention, even at Hornbill we do not set the status when we should be doing so, it seems that some people are simply not interested.  If it worked like a clock-in/clock out system where your salary was calculated from those times I expect more people would be keen :)

in relation to shifts, the use of the status to control when someone can have requests assigned to them is one thing that could be done, but as you say, if people don't set the status that would be a simple way of avoiding work - like "oh I forgot to set my status, sorry".  I have never really given much thought to how one might be able to manage work when operating shifts.  In a past life, shiftwork was handled my by dealing with work in queues, perhaps a different way of thinking about it, but imaging if when working requests, you never had a request assigned to you as an individual, instead, you was a member of a group and requests were assigned to that group, then your process would be, you must work on requests in that group.  

Not sure if any one else has had any other experiences?

Gerry

• 4 weeks later...